New Ferret locator being tested…

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I've never said I'm making a new ferret finder, those that I've spoken to have always been told "we"  There's 3 of us in this project and always has been from day one. Cloning a Mk1 locator isn't

I cant say anything about final prices but the other two guys involved have been told from day one, we ain't doing this and taking the piss on the price. Money is not the motivation behind this for me

Les makes all his carry boxes himself,, rigs all his long nets also ,, if and it's very rarely he needs a few purse nets to up his stock then he only goes to trusted net makers ..   

Posted Images

9 hours ago, Leeview said:

When are you going to wise up to him?hes not making them but someone else is

Does he make his own nets and other kit ? I bet he got others knitting nets and making ferret boxes and just sells them on 

nothing wrong with that of course as that's business and nets I've had from him have been quality so no complaints.

21 hours ago, Elchapo said:

Expensive downgrade that 

I think the first mk1 was  £20 or £40 when they first came out ,I've got a feeling it was £,20 though. I get that was  long time ago but £200 for mk1 is robbery and a step back from mk3 

They no folk going to pay these prices as a locator essential bit of kit ,not that ever stop me and many others going out without out one and I've never lost a ferret to ground ,had some long waits but that's way it was and yes they make life easier but they also change the way some folk ferret especially new comers to the sport , 

Mooch 

• Like 1
5 hours ago, Moocher71 said:

I think the first mk1 was  £20 or £40 when they first came out ,I've got a feeling it was £,20 though. I get that was  long time ago but £200 for mk1 is robbery and a step back from mk3 

They no folk going to pay these prices as a locator essential bit of kit ,not that ever stop me and many others going out without out one and I've never lost a ferret to ground ,had some long waits but that's way it was and yes they make life easier but they also change the way some folk ferret especially new comers to the sport , 

Moocher, just rooted out an old shooting news 1986, debens were charging £37 for a 8ft set and £12 for a collar, i still have acouple of  8ft sets, and a 15ft that are still useable, but could dowith a bit of sevicing, well remember the days before them, sitting for hours with a sticker, ear to the ground listening for any sound, relying on dogs to pinpoint where ferret was laid up, using liner ferrets, hauling rabbits out on a bramble stick, all this knowledge getting lost now, younger gneration, wouldnt know where to start without there locators, but saying all this, i  wouldnt think about going out ferreting  now without the old trusty knockerbox. atb 

• Like 1
9 hours ago, Moocher71 said:

Mooch 

I was going to get one as the disco carrot is a pain in arse but to be honest I'll probably pack up the ferrets and stick to lamping once the carrot packs in , not enough rabbits round me to warrant me spending another 250 odd on ferret locators 

12 hours ago, Elchapo said:

I was going to get one as the disco carrot is a pain in arse but to be honest I'll probably pack up the ferrets and stick to lamping once the carrot packs in , not enough rabbits round me to warrant me spending another 250 odd on ferret locators 

Same as bud ,no coney about so definitely wouldn't be paying 250 for a knocker box ,I normally go ferreting couple times week but just nothing about so I'm knocking ferreting on the head after this season ,I'll keep me old Jill and me favourite hob but rest will be gifted to new homes, I keep some nets and me mk3 just in case things change but I don't see it happening  any time soon, just stick to early morning mooch and lamping .

Atb 

• Like 1
6 hours ago, netrigger said:

Les makes all his carry boxes himself,, rigs all his long nets also ,, if and it's very rarely he needs a few purse nets to up his stock then he only goes to trusted net makers .. 

The best of stuff as we know 

Edited by nothernlite
  • Like 2
22 minutes ago, W. Katchum said:

Just to show Les has had a ferret finder up an running for a wee while now, the man’s im no hurry as he would rather do it right, hope he don’t mind me posting these ?B1137DF6-143F-4778-8986-E1144F2D2F7C.png.451ffdd0fd20a12ad68728badf758883.png6E1A293D-0C4B-4093-8F03-600626C54A28.png.58f141785cc4114f2da7977097e071c1.pngBF859BB4-3076-4AB8-A7BB-D74CC411DE3D.png.f3c97c67b67964b82c86e5e942cbf2ea.png

His going be cheaper than the guy on Facebook ? Bit shit how lez paid deben for patent and that others guys pretty much exactly same but different colour