Has anyone ever put a hare to ground with the lurchers

32 minutes ago, Kalibrgun said:

Pups lame landed on a wire fence Be a good few week before I'm walking her ? To top it off I'm on crutches ?? f****d my ankle up 

IMG_20210729_174427_587.jpg

IMG_20210729_033033_415.jpg

Sickerner mate ?

Edited by mC HULL
  • Like 1

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

They go to ground all the time when under pressure, also seen hares swim across fast flowing rivers before to get away, if they go to ground I think they should be left even if you could reach them to

Lad on here called p***y poacher put post up years ago where he’d had 3/3 hare but admitted the third one the dog put it to ground which he pulled out ,,  it stuck in my mind as something like th

Each to there own mate and different times call for different actions I understand a lot people eat what they catch I do the same , the bit wha5 bothers me more was he was saying he had a purpose bred

Posted Images

29 minutes ago, mC HULL said:

Sickness mate ?

She was flying that night too then went to jump a bit of shitty hedge and landed on the fcucking wire ? 250 quid for stitches and antibiotics .... Few have opened up took her back they've just given more tablets not put a couple more stitches in so having to wait for it to heal on its own ffs should hopefully get her going again end sept 

Robbing c**ts them vets took my bitch with these few cuts after landing on a fence and they wanted 400 to stitch and antibiotics, I said it’s ok it will heal on its own then and I will keep it clean ?, they healed up perfect on there own, unless you get stitches in on the same day they useally rip out anyway, waste of time and money 

716FEE79-AEAF-4EEB-B5F8-23691C08CADF.jpeg

• Like 2

I've been off here for ages. Am I missing summat here? I've had a fair few bevis like BUT dogs going lame in August for hitting barbwire fences?

My bitch still on foot and bike work.

Is it just me? No wonder we have a bad name and 'countryside police' have their own division.

Fucksake

• Like 1
1 hour ago, thefensarefarbutistillgo said:

Robbing c**ts them vets took my bitch with these few cuts after landing on a fence and they wanted 400 to stitch and antibiotics, I said it’s ok it will heal on its own then and I will keep it clean ?, they healed up perfect on there own, unless you get stitches in on the same day they useally rip out anyway, waste of time and money 

716FEE79-AEAF-4EEB-B5F8-23691C08CADF.jpeg

If your not guna listen to a vet learn how to stitch or staple early yourself.?

5 hours ago, ryaldinhio said:

I've been off here for ages. Am I missing summat here? I've had a fair few bevis like BUT dogs going lame in August for hitting barbwire fences?

Is it just me? No wonder we have a bad name and 'countryside police' have their own division.

Fucksake

Wire etc is a everyday thing round here, for all types of dog and owner...

• Like 3
2 hours ago, Gilbey said:

Wire etc is a everyday thing round here, for all types of dog and owner...

Plenty round me aswell. Loads of old collapsed fences in bushes etc that's worse. My bitch has only hit it once and got away with it with minor damage thankfully.

Screenshot_20210808-100419_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20210808-100415_Gallery.jpg

10 hours ago, ryaldinhio said:

Fucksake

It's an 11 month old pup that I took on some permission after getting pestered by a farmer to flatten a load of rabbits 

• Like 1
22 hours ago, W. Katchum said:

Iv seem roe runs an leap straight of a canal bank into deep water and swim to other side, pretty sure few other the Glasgow lads would have saw it aswell as iv saw it happen a few times with dogs up there arses an even just chasing each other, they cross that canal regular ?

I've also seen roe jump in cannal swim to other side and leap straight over the steel shuttering and away no problem

Me and a mucker ran hares into a rock face time after time,above Oxenhope,after a couple of outings on the third we took along a ferret,hare staggered out with popped eyes and a ferret followed,the ferret was known as cyclops after that as he lost an eye.On ground above Braithwaite an hare was known to seek sanctuary in a dry stone wall,i ran it a few times and gave it grace as I liked its nous,a lad with a shit dog pulled it out of the wall and threw it to his useless cur.Another above oakworth used a land drain to evade a more useful mutt,a dog I owned caught it by the arse as it made the drain and came away with its tail,i ran it a few times after and knew it by its lack of scutt,happy days mostly.

• Like 3
On 07/08/2021 at 18:37, Elchapo said:

Seen one swim on a golf course don’t think water was deep and wasn’t wide but still swam from two terrier that nocked it up 

See one leap into the river near Peterborough and I was surprised how quick it swam .

• Like 1