Pye bred dogs

• Replies 379
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Wouldn't bother mate find your self a pup out parents doing what you want , going have loads people messaging you  selling pye line breed dogs when truth is pie been dead that long his blood his blood

? I've scant knowledge of Bull bred Lurchers,.. however,...I would endorse that advice regarding breeding.. I remember , many years ago when I kept 'Hard Blood' , non pedigree, race whippets..

Not all bull x are super heavy especially in the hands of someone that understands that and runs fast stuff with them. The heavier they are the hotter they get aswell no matter how fit youve got them.

Posted Images

Totally agree Paul and what a great post c d putting him up for open stud was a  big mistake I had stuff direct  out of pye to a grey a 3\4 Charlie  pye to meg father daughter lining 5/8 3/8 a great bitch produced  Maggie probably the best I owned pye to blacky a another father daughter lining half cross  produced paddy and few others a bit more farther away but all carried the same traits easy to  live with natural retrievers and good to say but could do a job ?

Edited by Blackmag
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
16 hours ago, lee said:

Wigan because of poolstock cricket club ...

I was a teen going to those shows, proper crowd and the lads that owned the pits put some work into them and with them, that you could see. Scared the life out of me some of those dogs, no wonder they bred some great first crosses. 

• Like 3
33 minutes ago, Northern Rock said:

I was a teen going to those shows, proper crowd and the lads that owned the pits put some work into them and with them, that you could see. Scared the life out of me some of those dogs, no wonder they bred some great first crosses. 

They were great shows in Wigan back then, a who's who of both the hunting world and bull world.

Some serious dogs and serious owners in the bull ring...

As i said in my earlier post, there were plenty of decent single handed bull blooded lurchers before Pye and in his lifetime BUT the Pye dog had made a name for himself by his actions, in the field... Nothing else,  just by graft.

And as i also said in my last post, i had/have little idea about any other named bull bloods in other parts of the country BUT in the North West, at that time, there was NOTHING that came close..!!