Pye bred dogs

10 hours ago, trenchfoot said:

Why value the 30 plus years of line breeding of a dog thats not produced anything whose name is worth adding to the value of that line in the last 15 years? Line breeding is great when you cull the litter wastage, Every time you sell that wastage on the strength of the name, you dilute the line. That games for messers and peddlers.

that's only applicable if you want to keep dogs for yourself, you can see what pups have the best potential but personally like to give em all a go at least then you can pick what has turned out best to breed from. you have more diversity for back breeding, the line gets stronger this way.

• Replies 379
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Wouldn't bother mate find your self a pup out parents doing what you want , going have loads people messaging you  selling pye line breed dogs when truth is pie been dead that long his blood his blood

? I've scant knowledge of Bull bred Lurchers,.. however,...I would endorse that advice regarding breeding.. I remember , many years ago when I kept 'Hard Blood' , non pedigree, race whippets..

Not all bull x are super heavy especially in the hands of someone that understands that and runs fast stuff with them. The heavier they are the hotter they get aswell no matter how fit youve got them.

Posted Images

10 hours ago, mC HULL said:

I agree pye line would be best for teeth there the single quarry dogs mate 

But edible the coursing bred would shine mate ?

yep they were good for teeth, but from experience they were as good on the big stuff 

• Like 3
1 hour ago, joe ox said:

You sound like a brain washed brain dead coursing dog hare worshipper ?

The hardest thing that a running dog could take single is a mature rutting fallow buck, 15 stone of muscle and testosterone. Some would stop running and turn on dogs. The only British quarry which could be took single on a regular basis capable of killing a dog. You seriously think your beloved coursing dogs could of cut the mustard on those back in the day? ?

? we all know how there took Joe ? dont be kidding people  ? 

You also know even doubled up them same dogs would get pulled all over by a half strong hare ? 

You sound like you think I'm brain dead ? 

1 minute ago, mC HULL said:

You also know even doubled up them same dogs would get pulled all over by a half strong hare ? 

Exactly the answer I expected, I rest my case ?

• Haha 2
5 minutes ago, mC HULL said:

I think you're slightly missing the point, mC;

the owners/workers of "them" dogs have absolutely no interest in running hares.

"Horses for courses" or more accurately "hounds for grounds" ?

Cheers"

• Like 2
18 minutes ago, chartpolski said:

I think you're slightly missing the point, mC;

the owners/workers of "them" dogs have absolutely no interest in running hares.

"Horses for courses" or more accurately "hounds for grounds" ?

Cheers"

I know that mate there not really for running are they faacking hopeless  there for a job doubled up preban for teeth and ambushing stags 

You showed them half descent sized fields single a muntjac make em pull tongue out tail tucked  lol you slipped one 100 yds on a stag fallow they wouldn't even put a bend in 

Horses for courses doesn't apply to a cart horse does it  ? ? ?

• Haha 1
6 minutes ago, mC HULL said:

I know that mate there not really for running are they faacking hopeless  there for a job doubled up preban for teeth and ambushing stags 

You showed them half descent sized fields single a muntjac make em pull tongue out tail tucked  lol you slipped one 100 yds on a stag fallow they wouldn't even put a bend in 

There hasn't been a brain washed kennel blind daywalker on here for a while, carry on its amusing ? ?

• Like 1
13 minutes ago, mC HULL said:

any c**t that calls it a stag fallow has probably never seen one and definately never run one

• Haha 1
11 minutes ago, joe ox said:

There hasn't been a brain washed kennel blind daywalker on here for a while, carry on its amusing ? ?

Thanks your welcome ? ? 

Be even more amusing if you brought a bull x down for a day night out with a coursing bred mate I wouldn't be able to stop.laughing ? ?

Just now, joe ox said:

How old are you mC?

Mid 30s mate yes I was hunting things before the ban ? ? 

Even running with lads with bull x in the 90s been threatened with getting left more than once for saying that us faacking hopeless when one had to run ? 

Just now, mC HULL said:

Mid 30s mate yes I was hunting things before the ban ? ? 

Even running with lads with bull x in the 90s been threatened with getting left more than once for saying that us faacking hopeless when one had to run ? 

To put it as politely as I can,  your really kennel blind for a man of that age.

A cull is a cull no matter what the breeding.

8 minutes ago, joe ox said:

To put it as politely as I can,  your really kennel blind for a man of that age.

A cull is a cull no matter what the breeding.

I just think I know the limits of that type mate there game when getting into something but have loads a flaws when it comes to running something