Pye bred dogs

On 13/08/2021 at 07:24, Greb147 said:

I couldn't say, I've never seen the dog or had one down from it.

If anyone today is working a dog...that is down from a line of dogs, established some 20 years ago....how close to the original animal can they be?lol Or are you one of these guys that waits till the dog or bitch is proven at 10 years old?lol

If gameness and drive is your goal...you'll know pretty early on in its career if you've got one or not imo.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

• Replies 379
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Wouldn't bother mate find your self a pup out parents doing what you want , going have loads people messaging you  selling pye line breed dogs when truth is pie been dead that long his blood his blood

? I've scant knowledge of Bull bred Lurchers,.. however,...I would endorse that advice regarding breeding.. I remember , many years ago when I kept 'Hard Blood' , non pedigree, race whippets..

Not all bull x are super heavy especially in the hands of someone that understands that and runs fast stuff with them. The heavier they are the hotter they get aswell no matter how fit youve got them.

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, Neobliviscaris1776 said:

If anyone today is working a dog...that is down from a line of dogs, established some 20 years ago....how close to the original animal can they be?lol Or are you one of these guys that waits till the dog or bitch is proven at 10 years old?lol

If gameness and drive is your goal...you'll know pretty early on in its career if you've got one or not imo.

What the hell are you babbling on about mate? ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
32 minutes ago, Neobliviscaris1776 said:

bud if you breed shit to shit you get shit. if the dog is line bred you know that the good characteristics have been back bred into it for a particular phenotype, you are guaranteeing desirable characteristics in the pups. If the dog is line bred this process has been going on generations. If the right selection process is taking place to breed out undesirable characteristics then each generation is getting more stable in its genetics. This is why line bred dogs are better because you are giving yourself the best chance first time.

11 minutes ago, awen said:

bud if you breed shit to shit you get shit. if the dog is line bred you know that the good characteristics have been back bred into it for a particular phenotype, you are guaranteeing desirable characteristics in the pups. If the dog is line bred this process has been going on generations. If the right selection process is taking place to breed out undesirable characteristics then each generation is getting more stable in its genetics. This is why line bred dogs are better because you are giving yourself the best chance first time.

I think that's what he is saying mate 

• Like 1
12 minutes ago, awen said:

I agree with you mate.

I was trying to educate Greb...as he had a little laugh when I mentioned my dog was a GGGG of Pye?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
4 minutes ago, Neobliviscaris1776 said:

I agree with you mate.

I was trying to educate Greb...as he had a little laugh when I mentioned my dog was a GGGG of Pye?

If each generation is doing the do then its as close to pie as can be isn't it  ? 

Waiting until its 10 and proven lol to breed is going to faack the line real quick you need to see early what it leaves and maybe try digmfferent dogs before it is up to standard to carry the line on 

Common sense lol

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, mC HULL said:

If each generation is doing the do then its as close to pie as can be isn't it  ? 

Waiting until its 10 and proven lol to breed is going to faack the line real quick you need to see early what it leaves and maybe try digmfferent dogs before it is up to standard to carry the line on 

Common sense lol

I agree mate? If the dogs involved are of a good standard to start with..then they should really shine through early on... because if they don't...as you say best try different dogs until it clicks ?

49 minutes ago, Neobliviscaris1776 said:

I agree with you mate.

And, what does that matter, it could a GGGG out of chihuahua for all I know. ?

20 minutes ago, mC HULL said:

?eve was bred from 18 months old why do you think theres so many different lines go bk to her mate 

Eve n her sister both like cash point machines but what im saying is doesnt seem to be same whinging when there 3-4 even 5 generations back in coursing stuff that still seems relevant  ?‍♂️

Edited by C.green