Pye bred dogs

Pye was out of a Reed dog called Max BUT it wasn't Scotsmans Max... It was a big dog, that's pet name was Max.

Back then there was a lot of Reed dogs in Wigan and surrounding areas. The old Wigan T&L Club ran very successful Pitbull classes at their shows and half the field had a breakstick in their back pocket. Some very real deal dogs there. Pye's sire was one of those.

Maggie was his greyhound dam.

• Replies 379
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Wouldn't bother mate find your self a pup out parents doing what you want , going have loads people messaging you  selling pye line breed dogs when truth is pie been dead that long his blood his blood

? I've scant knowledge of Bull bred Lurchers,.. however,...I would endorse that advice regarding breeding.. I remember , many years ago when I kept 'Hard Blood' , non pedigree, race whippets..

Not all bull x are super heavy especially in the hands of someone that understands that and runs fast stuff with them. The heavier they are the hotter they get aswell no matter how fit youve got them.

Posted Images

1 minute ago, zigzag dan said:

Honestly don't know pal, the lad told me that he was an old guy in Burnley, but I think it was the same guy who used to advertise in Earth Dog Running Dog, most of the pups and dogs he had were from the Wigan, Manchester, Liverpool area, i actually spoke to him on the phone once myself. 

Are we talking about Baz Gorton from Padiham..?

6 minutes ago, Greb147 said:

Unless you've seen the dog go yourself i find it strange when folk jump on a bandwagon.

What dogs were behind it if it was a half cross?

I take it he was a good producer?

Not one to be rude but looks ten a penny for a 80's, 90's bull cross.

Scotsman max ( out Reid’s skipper) apparently 

maggie ( full greyhound ) 

Don’t think anyone’s jumping on bandwagon , most people who have commented have owned or seen pie or his offspring working ,and as for looks , it could look like million other bull x in 80s or 90s but looks don’t mean shit , it did the job and his offspring did the job most bull x bred  are big useless feckers bred of pet bulls .

Edited by Elchapo
  • Like 3
2 minutes ago, Bosun11 said:

Pie was out of a Reed dog called Max BUT it wasn't Scotsmans Max... It was a big dog, that's pet name was Max. Back then there was a lot of Reed dogs in Wigan and surrounding areas. The old Wigan T&L Club ran very successful Pitbull classes at their shows and half the field had a breakstick in their back pocket. Some very real deal dogs there. Pie's sire was one of those.

I was always told the max used was a black dog ,

scotsman max was Brindle 

but a couple people on here reckon he was from Scotsman’s max ,

• Like 3
5 minutes ago, Elchapo said:

I was always told the max used was a black dog ,

scotsman max was Brindle 

but a couple people on here reckon he was from Scotsman’s max ,

Just had it confirmed by a mate who seen and knew both sire and dam mate.

In my opinion the dog must have been out of decent gear whichever his sire. What he was capable of in the field and how his line, when kept tight produced was proof of that and that's all that matters imo.

Edited to add, just a ten a penny 80's 90's bull cross ?

8 minutes ago, Elchapo said:

Scotsman max ( out Reid’s skipper) apparently 

maggie ( full greyhound ) 

Don’t think anyone’s jumping on bandwagon , most people who have commented have owned or seen pie or his offspring working ,and as for looks , it could look like million other bull x in 80s or 90s but looks don’t mean shit , it did the job and his offspring did the job most bull x bred  are big useless feckers bred of pet bulls .

That's what I'm getting at, many dogs, half crosses of that era could do the business on teeth.

If the dog was a good producer and that's where it made it's name  then props to the animal.

40 minutes ago, Bosun11 said:

Pie was out of a Reed dog called Max BUT it wasn't Scotsmans Max... It was a big dog, that's pet name was Max.

Back then there was a lot of Reed dogs in Wigan and surrounding areas. The old Wigan T&L Club ran very successful Pitbull classes at their shows and half the field had a breakstick in their back pocket. Some very real deal dogs there. Pie's sire was one of those.

I didn't know that Paul I heard he was out of a dog from Manchester but also max 

• Like 2
54 minutes ago, Greb147 said:

Unless you've seen the dog go yourself i find it strange when folk jump on a bandwagon.

I saw pye go a few times  I don't need to jump on any band wagon I also saw his line and owned a few direct of him and down from him and yes he was a producer 

• Like 6
1 hour ago, Greb147 said:

Regardless greb I haven't seen or i doubt I will  see a line produce like pye funny enough I always thought dee as the best producer out the lot and not pye I have seen  dogs out of punch and gimp give a good account of themselves but in my opinion there not on  pyes offspring level just my opinion 

• Like 1
23 minutes ago, Blackmag said:

Regardless greb I haven't seen or i doubt I will  see a line produce like pye funny enough I always thought dee as the best producer out the lot and not pye I have seen  dogs out of punch and gimp give a good account of themselves but in my opinion there not on  pyes offspring level just my opinion 

I'd agree with that Al, Dee produced some cracking dogs. There is a photo of him on here, from years back. I've just spent the last hour trying to find it but couldn't...

11 hours ago, W. Katchum said:

You had few the Barnsley dogs around you’s ar one point didn’t yous? Did you’s have any other lines about ?

One of my uncles best mates bred his own dogs off a bulldog he bought in off a local gypsy who was a dog man.

This was well before the Rhys dogs started to make a name for themselves in the area.

The same can be said of his dogs, I hate people name throwing if they haven't seen them go themselves.

I've lamped with Rhys and seen a few of his well known dogs do the business but horses for courses, they aren't running machines despite being killing machines but if a dog with that kinda power isn't good for killing then they need nocking over the head IMO.

• Like 4