Pye bred dogs

3 hours ago, Bosun11 said:

Sharper image of Pie, the photo was taken in Scotland, when he was on loan for stud there.

I think there's one or two other pictures of him on here but they are way back.

Screenshot_20200421-163941_Google.jpg

Was my dads mate that had pie up here for a bit back in the mid 90’s. He’s quite a few photos of him, will need to look them out 

• Like 1

• Replies 379
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Wouldn't bother mate find your self a pup out parents doing what you want , going have loads people messaging you  selling pye line breed dogs when truth is pie been dead that long his blood his blood

? I've scant knowledge of Bull bred Lurchers,.. however,...I would endorse that advice regarding breeding.. I remember , many years ago when I kept 'Hard Blood' , non pedigree, race whippets..

Not all bull x are super heavy especially in the hands of someone that understands that and runs fast stuff with them. The heavier they are the hotter they get aswell no matter how fit youve got them.

Posted Images

16 hours ago, Jude said:

Was my dads mate that had pie up here for a bit back in the mid 90’s. He’s quite a few photos of him, will need to look them out 

Jude that would be great if you could mate. Even Pye's owner(s) never had many photo's of him. ?

1 hour ago, Jude said:

Did your mates dads name start with M?Had a day digging with a lad from Scotland years ago who said he had the dog at his place for a while.

8 hours ago, Elchapo said:

Chance only whent to 3 bitches 

Tiny 

Bell 

And ruby/jet bull whippet , 

Tiny was chance half sister wich had 1/8th saluki in her and died of heart attack 

Think awen had red dogs out of chance and his half sister Tiny wich where the saluki come from and a blue bitch out of chance to bell 

Black dog chance 

Black and white dog is ty (Tiny sister) 

Pictures posted with permission of owner 

IMG-20210809-WA0000.jpg

IMG-20210809-WA0001.jpg

I knew the lad from Nuneaton who owned Tiny and Chance, I had a bitch out of the Chance /Tiny litter who was killed on deer in the New Forest and i had a dog out of the Bell litter, made 32tts but was very nervey, couldn't trust him with dogs or people, Tiny and Chance came from an old boy who peddled a few dogs from Burnley as pups, Chance was the runt but they were deadly on all quarry. 

• Like 2
9 hours ago, Elchapo said:

Was you dog a red dog out chance and tiny and the blue bitch out chance and bell , tiny had 1/8th of saluki in her wich is chance half sister she had 1/8th saluki in her 

That’s right mate

• Like 1
1 hour ago, zigzag dan said:

I knew the lad from Nuneaton who owned Tiny and Chance, I had a bitch out of the Chance /Tiny litter who was killed on deer in the New Forest and i had a dog out of the Bell litter, made 32tts but was very nervey, couldn't trust him with dogs or people, Tiny and Chance came from an old boy who peddled a few dogs from Burnley as pups, Chance was the runt but they were deadly on all quarry. 

My blue dog out of chance bell was lost on deer to be fair he was OK on teeth and good on edible , I wouldn't called him a teeth dog but I new that when he gifted him me as a young dog

Edited by Elchapo
  • Like 1
3 hours ago, Bosun11 said:

Jude that would be great if you could mate. Even Pie's owner(s) never had many photo's of him. ?

Will inbox you them when I find them mate, do you know what the sire of pie was? 

3 hours ago, downsouth said:

Did your mates dads name start with M?Had a day digging with a lad from Scotland years ago who said he had the dog at his place for a while.

Yeah same guy, pie produced a few good dogs up here 

Edited by Jude
  • Like 1

Unless you've seen the dog go yourself i find it strange when folk jump on a bandwagon.

What dogs were behind it if it was a half cross?

I take it he was a good producer?

Not one to be rude but looks ten a penny for a 80's, 90's bull cross.

1 hour ago, Blackmag said:

Was that b g dan 

Honestly don't know pal, the lad told me that he was an old guy in Burnley, but I think it was the same guy who used to advertise in Earth Dog Running Dog, most of the pups and dogs he had were from the Wigan, Manchester, Liverpool area, i actually spoke to him on the phone once myself. 

• Like 1