EU POLECATS

BRED AND KEPT ALBINO  AND POLECATX FERRETS, FOR YEARS,HAVENT BOTHERED TO KEEP ANY  FOR A COUPLE OF YEARS SINCE RABBIT NUMBERS STARTED TO DECLINE, BUT THE OTHER DAY, MATE OF MINE OFFERED ME A EU POLECAT KIT,SO I TOOK HIS KIND OFFER ON,COMPLETELYNEW TYPE OF FERRET TO ME, ANY OF YOU LADS TELL ME WHAT TO EXPECT FROM IT WORKWISE, TEMPERAMENT, AND WHAT THERE LIKE WHEN FULLY MATURED, WOULD THEY BE ANY BETTER THAN THE TRADITIONAL FERRET,THE BLOKE I GOT IT OFF DOESNT WORK THE PARENTS, THINK THERE JUST PETS, BUT AM LOOKING FORWARD TO TRYING HIM OUT LATER IN THE SEASON AND SEE HOW HE GOES.

I was out one time with full EU polcats never again first of all they were to big for me and I work hobs ferrets second think the c**ts were fuking about the holes took u all day to catch them theres a reason why we Bred from them and not to many people use them But all the best with it mate 

• Like 4

You have to ask yourself what does a wild polecat bring to the table….. absolutely nothing,there out and out killers, ferrets have been domesticated for years for a reason, why anyone seriously into ferreting rabbits would even contemplate introducing wild stuff into there line is beyond me, but that’s just my opinion 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2
12 hours ago, Netmaker said:

I have just got a jill kit off well proven parents that I have seen work several times it is mad little barsteward you will need to handle as often as you can and they are fast workers

this young hob ,i got here, is as mad as the day is long, handle it 3 times a day,alright once you get hold of it, buthas a fair old go at your hand and spits and barks when and you try to pick it up, very skulky and nippy,not like a nice easy going white ferret,these type are like the ones that abbot bros from norfolk used to breed in ferret courts years ago, still im going to perserve with it, can see their very lively and active never stays still, only when its fed achunk of rabbit.

• Like 1
20 minutes ago, grompz said:

this young hob ,i got here, is as mad as the day is long, handle it 3 times a day,alright once you get hold of it, buthas a fair old go at your hand and spits and barks when and you try to pick it up, very skulky and nippy,not like a nice easy going white ferret,these type are like the ones that abbot bros from norfolk used to breed in ferret courts years ago, still im going to perserve with it, can see their very lively and active never stays still, only when its fed achunk of rabbit.

Good luck with that one mate fair play for sticking with it. But I can see the out come of it all the best ferretman 

4 hours ago, grompz said:

Sounds a ideal choice when all you want is ferret in rabbits out on to the next burrow