car insurance quotes warning

just a word of warning,when doing quotes you have to declare replacement windscreen as an insurance claim,i did not know this until my insurance sent me a renewal price and i noticed that my windscreen claim a couple of months ago was in my "claims in the last 5 years", :angry:

I'm not a fan of insurance companies, especially car insurance companies - legalised robbing b*****ds that penalise you if you use the service that you've paid for.

Feck me, they'll even try to penalise you if you've been in a bump that wasn't your fault and didn't end up costing them.

And don't get me started on the excess charges :thumbdown:

The missus got her knickers in a twist 10yrs ago when I f****d off our home contents insurance - ever since, we've been putting that money in a separate account. So far we've used it for a tumble dryer, a cooker and a laptop screen. 

......... We get to keep control of the money, no f***ing about or silly questions when we need to use it and, no shyster company is getting any benefit from it :thumbs:

• Like 3

just done my quotes and they wanted £161 without declaring windscreen claim and £224 when claim was declared:shok:

total cost of claim to insurance company was £152,

i paid £95 windscreen excess and my insurance goes up by £63 which makes it £158 total:hmm:

22 minutes ago, paddyluke said:

just done my quotes and they wanted £161 without declaring windscreen claim and £224 when claim was declared:shok:

total cost of claim to insurance company was £152,

i paid £95 windscreen excess and my insurance goes up by £63 which makes it £158 total:hmm:

How much would it of cost getting the screen replaced yourself .

Quote for my car was £491 ..