Bloody ferrets

When i went out to fed the ferrets on Saturday night my complete hob was missing , i think his rattling of the door to get into the jills with the snipped hob had worked the snib loose . Had a good look for him and as i thought no bloody sign a 5 year old BEW i thought he gone even if someone picks him up .Phoned the SSPCA unless your wanting to donate or report cruelty there only open Monday to Friday 9/5 but my son went to the local inspectors door and got a number phoned it no joy no been handed in and the wife put it on face book . i went out with a lamp and saw loads of rabbits but no bloody ferret . Sunday morning up at 5.30 looking came back for a cuppa and the wife says your ferrets been seen in somebodies back garden last night at one am and somebody said it was in my garden 8 minutes ago so back out again still no ferret . came home and my son  has had a phone call from the local SSPCA inspector  about a ferret two streets up under somebodies decking back up again this poor guy was terrified  LOL i banged on his decking and out comes my ferret. i get him home and hes covered with tick got the plastic remover and started but gave him a shampoo for the smaller ones and the barstool bit me opening up the end of my finger , being a Sunday only thing open pets at home and they only offered a cat spot on  tick replant then wanted my bank details to send it to the house monthly sod that then changed there mind as it was for a ferret and not the animal prescribed for it  so went to the pound shop and got two for a pound until the frontline arrives from amazon today when ive got a feeling the lot will need treated 

• Like 2

Used to rescue fezzers for the RSPCA, a lass I knew in the pub worked for them and took my number as a contact. Most I picked up were no problem, well handled etc. Shame because we could hardly ever track down owners.

One of the rescues, I kept because he was a right character. Bang on with work and easily handled, always playing BUT... he had one major big fault. The cnut was Houdini ? We named him Steve (Steve McQueen). He would escape all the time and I never worked out fully how he did it. I used to get neighbours knocking on the door saying ya ferret is terrorising my cats again, knocking on the door with a ferret in hand and a slapped arse expression ? Used to wake up in a morning and he'd be scrattin at the patio doors to get in and fuuck around on the dog's bed, night before he was locked in with the others, who were, as always where I left them lol. He was a BEW too.

Glad you got him back mate ;)

Edited by mushroom
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
PLANETRADIO.CO.UK

Listen to the UK's top radio stations for free at Planet Radio. The best music on earth. 24/7. Your favourite national and local stations in one place.

https://planetradio.co.uk › ... › News
Web results
12 baby ferrets found abandoned in cage in Cornwall with no food or water | News - Pirate FM - Planet Radio

Wankers?

Cheers, D.

2 minutes ago, dytkos said:
PLANETRADIO.CO.UK

Listen to the UK's top radio stations for free at Planet Radio. The best music on earth. 24/7. Your favourite national and local stations in one place.

https://planetradio.co.uk › ... › News
Web results
12 baby ferrets found abandoned in cage in Cornwall with no food or water | News - Pirate FM - Planet Radio

Wankers?

Cheers, D.

Who does that type of shit!

Just now, The one said:

Got a message , Mate hope you get your ferret back but if you don't i have a 4 month old BEW jill here only £50 

I got ripped on here about 10 years ago for offering ferrets for (I think) 40notes lol. They were snipped prices. The vet I had offered a deal to snip all the hobs. But selling fezzers. Wouldnt take or pay more than a fiver, a pint and a handshake

• Like 2

Ive 12 ferrets here all colours mostly the lighter colours as i find there easier to see when working and ive 3 BEW jills and now 1 BEW hob there a little bit different but nothing special just working ferrets and when i last bred them i gave them away for free even the BEWs 

Its crazy just now for animal prices but on another site a guy reckon the markets coming down now 

• Like 1
On 03/08/2021 at 05:36, bobthebuilder said:

at least it never killed anyones prize chickens 

Several years ago when I got my escaped jill back after 6 days loose, I paid over $300 for the 8 Brazilian chickens she had killed.  At least he didn't ask me to pay for the day old chicks she killed.

• Sad 2

I lost a polecat jill when working and after lots of looking etc gave up after a week or two. Nearly a full month later she just walked up to a beater on a shoot day, fat as a pig and friendly as a puppy. Still had her collar on which had stopped working. Picked her up and sat on my lap and went to sleep on the way home! Didn’t think I would see her again! 

• Like 3