The phone is listening..

My lad told me the other day that my phone is listening to everything I say.and then shows me adverts related to what I've been talking about..and the last month I've noticed it more and more.

Today I used my polisher on the jimny.and told the wife earlier thats what I'm off down the garage to do..and literally minutes ago and advert popped up on here of the polisher that I bought from argos about a year ago..

Weird as feck...

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My smart phone contact runs out next month when it dose am getting a nokia 3310 just to text n ring with seems phones are taking over , people spending more n more time on them , me included,  

That's strange, I just got off the phone to King and logged on here.  

I was told long ago that smart phones, smart tv's, Echo's, Alexa's, etc are "listening" to us. Years ago, my late son was a diplomat working in the British Consulate in Saudi and he told me "dad,

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, king said:

My lad told me the other day that my phone is listening to everything I say.and then shows me adverts related to what I've been talking about..and the last month I've noticed it more and more.

Today I used my polisher on the jimny.and told the wife earlier thats what I'm off down the garage to do..and literally minutes ago and advert popped up on here of the polisher that I bought from argos about a year ago..

Weird as feck...

I keep getting humberside police adverts on my c**t doing me head in lol

• Haha 4
36 minutes ago, W. Katchum said:

Been happening a long time 

Surely it ain't right mate..I haven't given consent for them to listen..and I've got a crap old phone aswell..

3 hours ago, king said:

Surely it ain't right mate..I haven't given consent for them to listen..and I've got a crap old phone aswell..

Yes you have, that's the thing. You give apps permission to talk to each other and only 1 app need permission for your mic. So for example you gave WhatsApp mic permission so you can ring people with it, fb then has permission to talk to those apps

• Like 2
8 minutes ago, South hams hunter said:

Yes you have, that's the thing. You give apps permission to talk to each other and only 1 app need permission for your mic. So for example you gave WhatsApp mic permission so you can ring people with it, fb then has permission to talk to those apps

Just been looking at my app permissions, it says Google is allowed all the time as it's my default setting, some apps only allowed whilst using them and others denied, how come Google is allowed all the time?

Cheers, D.

1 minute ago, dytkos said:

Just been looking at my app permissions, it says Google is allowed all the time as it's my default setting, some apps only allowed whilst using them and others denied, how come Google is allowed all the time?

Cheers, D.

Most android phones have the 'hey google' search function. It's technically always listening for those 2 words but it's allowed to use the info it hears aswell 

1 hour ago, vfr400boy said:

My smart phone contact runs out next month when it dose am getting a nokia 3310 just to text n ring with seems phones are taking over , people spending more n more time on them , me included,  

That's all I have a old ten pound Argos special it rings and texts that's all I need I know a few lads that have drop there's and are constantly replacing screens at a God knows how much and battery life is shite as well 

• Like 1
12 hours ago, king said:

Well you know now mate..

Leave the wifi phone in house turned off until use,if a wee black ee brick for out an about,f**k that craic been spied on.

Edited by Francie
  • Like 2
40 minutes ago, Francie said:

Leave the wifi phone in house turned off until use,if a wee black ee brick for out an about,f**k that craic been spied on.

That’s Bill Gates, he’s after you Francie……you have made yourself a marked man ! ? ? 

• Haha 3