1 hour ago, FLATTOP said:

This ending done me I couldn’t believe it our own John Cooper Clarke but it worked great, like stiff says it’s those little moments that to some go unnoticed the acting was one of a kind and I haven’t seen the like since, fantastic series a great loss when James Gandolfini died.

I have been trying to get to grips with Lillehammer but it’s hard but I will hang in there.

I was just about to post something similar. A big fan of JCC (was meant to see him again at the Sage this year but postponed due to Covid), it was the icing on the cake when Chicken Town was over the end credits. 

• Like 1

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just bought the box set  today at the village festival for £5! Been talking my dad to watch it for years so there for him

Greatest t v show ever by a country mile.  nothing comes close .  changed the landscape of film and television forever .    for me it’s the tiny nuances , the unsaid and unseen things th

Bag of piss ……

The cleverest thing about it to me that is probably down to great writing, casting and acting, was that I loved the characters and was routing for them even though they were all massive c**ts and not the type of people that you want to come across in real life.

• Like 1
26 minutes ago, eastcoast said:

I was just about to post something similar. A big fan of JCC (was meant to see him again at the Sage this year but postponed due to Covid), it was the icing on the cake when Chicken Town was over the end credits. 

I see John Cooper Clark at Glastonbury in wait for it 1980 different type of festival in them days I remember him reading i married a monster from outer space and he was wearing all these big tentacles ? mad times.

• Like 1
40 minutes ago, eastcoast said:

The cleverest thing about it to me that is probably down to great writing, casting and acting, was that I loved the characters and was routing for them even though they were all massive c**ts and not the type of people that you want to come across in real life.

Yeah none of the characters are perticularly nice , even the women . 

And much like godfather films it doesnt paint a happy picture of life at the top. In the end he had alienated himself from everyone including those closest to him since he was a kid , hed killed a lot of friends and his mob son in Christopher.  

Im a huge sopranos nerd from back when i was working shifts in a factory , id get home by about 11 while rest of the house would be going to sleep and just watch sopranos every night for hours. Must have watched it 10 times through all together. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
5 minutes ago, Welsh_red said:

Yeah none of the characters are perticularly nice , even the women . 

And much like godfather films it doesnt paint a happy picture of life at the top. In the end he had alienated himself from everyone including those closest to him since he was a kid , hed killed a lot of friends and his mob son in Christopher.  

Im a huge sopranos nerd from back when i was working shifts in a factory , id get home by about 11 while rest of the house would be going to sleep and just watch sopranos every night for hours. Must have watched it 10 times through all together. 

I was doing a job in Falkirk when the 1st series started. Shown on C4 at 11 or sometimes 11:30. Every Thursday night, have a few pints with the lads and then get a takeaway curry from the restaurant across the road and take it up to my room and settle down to the show. The highlight of my week at the time.

• Thanks 1
23 minutes ago, steve66 said:

The sopranos was class , also Gomorahs worth a watch , plus there a series on flix from the makers of gomorah about the drug trade ?

I’ve watched Gommarah your right it’s excellent.

• Like 1