Fellas,

I've decided my cabinet needs a fac air rifle. Be mainly used for squirrels & birds up in trees. Don't wanna go too mad dollar wise, preferably sub £800. Happy to go 2nd hand. 

What would you recommend brand names?

Calibre I'm guessing. 22? Heard .25 bit loopy. 

What ft/lbs you all running? I think I'd like around 30. 

Anything you can think of, happy for any advice. Cheers. 

30ft lb in .22 is brilliant Ben. A factory fac rapid is a good dependable gun and can be picked up at well below your budget. If I were you though, I’d look at the fx range. The .25’s are good, but it depends what you want it for. To get the best out of .25 fac air you can end up chasing.22 rimfire performance and if that’s the case, you’d might be as well to get a .22 rimfire instead. I run my fx impact .22 at 19 to 42ish ft lbs adjustable at the turn of a wheel, which makes it very versatile using different pellet weights as well as slugs. It can also be set higher or lower than that power range quite easily. Get something with an external power adjuster if you can.

• Thanks 1

Fx crown .22 will take you from sub 12 upto 33 ftlbs with a turn of a wheel and with a bit of tuning will take you upto 44 ftlbs . 
.25 is about 58 ftlbs at the highest but with a tune you are looking at 82 ish ftlbs  . 

FX all the way 

10 minutes ago, Stavross said:

Giving your head a shake ? are you made of money ?

I’m just jealous, I’d love a FAC puff gun ?

Ha I still have my bonus just sitting on the bank (just don't tell missus or kids!!) 

Cheapest… second hand rapid 7, pick one up for bout £350 upwards… loads of shots!

if I was gonna get one in .22 I’d go secondhand mk2 wildcat. 

a mate of mine uses a bsa R10 running about 30ftlb and thinks it’s ace

• Like 1
Just now, BenBhoy said:

Only thing stopping me is that it's gonna be 90% used shooting up into trees 

Yerr, that’s what I mean about the .25 fac air, more power, more pellet weight. That’s when .22 fac air makes more sense.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Stavross said:

I’m just jealous, I’d love a FAC puff gun ?

Talking of which, did anything come of that paddock full of rabbits next to the church yard rabbit shooting permission stav? If I remember correctly, the rimfire wasn’t ideal?

Edited by Dervburner
4 minutes ago, BenBhoy said:

S410 xtra side lever.....thoughts? Seen a nearly new one, £600 

A pal of mine has one, he paid all of £200 for a mint one. It’s ok but it’s a bit of a musket, and he hardly ever uses it. If you can get an fx for similar money I’d go with fx personally. Nothing wrong with the 410 extra though, except..............it’s a bit of a musket ?

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, Dervburner said:

Talking of which, did anything come of that paddock full of rabbits next to the church yard rabbit shooting permission stav? If I remember correctly, the rimfire wasn’t ideal?

No, I lost that bit of permission through a job I was on with the owner of the paddocks, never mix business with pleasure ?

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1