Well lads I’m just looking for some advice on my pup if anyone can help he was jumping against a wall and fell awkwardly on his back right leg there was a little squeal nothing much out of him but he has it held up since and is limping around he’s in good enough form he try’s to run around with other lurcher but I checked it and felt it out nothing is broken that I can tell but when I motion the leg and give it a stretch inwards and outward it hurts him?? 

any opinions or advice be great lads??

7 minutes ago, Kingofthelamp said:

Well lads I’m just looking for some advice on my pup if anyone can help he was jumping against a wall and fell awkwardly on his back right leg there was a little squeal nothing much out of him but he has it held up since and is limping around he’s in good enough form he try’s to run around with other lurcher but I checked it and felt it out nothing is broken that I can tell but when I motion the leg and give it a stretch inwards and outward it hurts him?? 

If he was my dog I'd take him vets to be on safe side as like you say its clearly hurting him when you move the leg and  allowing him to run with other dog is crazy as its going to get worse and you don't no  what damage already done to the leg . They be plenty of advice on here but its your juckel and only you can see he's in pain so its leave him to run about with other lurcher and maybe do permanent damage or get him checked over and sorted by the vet  

Hope you get him sorted 

Mooch 

• Like 6

As above, definately get it checked out. I lost a very promising young dog to a snapped cruciate ligament last year. Get to a good vet and they'll look at it. If they suggest an xray then bite the bullet and get it done. Allways better to know what you're dealing with. Best of luck with it mate.

• Like 3
18 hours ago, Kingofthelamp said:

Dont go to the vets a majority have not got a clue(unless they are a vet for a greyhound track) they will say metacam/rest or xray "get" your pup to a Canine Chiropracter/Physio google one for your area a lot do Equine as well,i use 2 as and when needed they are worth  their weight in gold plus to me dont let a pup run around with a older dog a total miss match. 

9 minutes ago, my hounds said:

Dont go to the vets a majority have not got a clue(unless they are a vet for a greyhound track) they will say metacam/rest or xray "get" your pup to a Canine Chiropracter/Physio google one for your area a lot do Equine as well,i use 2 as and when needed they are worth  their weight in gold plus to me dont let a pup run around with a older dog a total miss match. 

i think thats bad advise.....its very easy to miss a broken leg in a pup....dont f**k around kingofthelamp...get an xray

• Like 6
6 hours ago, my hounds said:

And by the time he finds one the damage is unreversable if its a fracture etc and any track vet worth the name would tell you get a xray and go from there  

On 29/07/2021 at 20:41, Kingofthelamp said:

How is your pup now?  i hope its on the mend which ever the course of action you have taken,atb.