Advocate spot on

On 29/07/2021 at 20:56, Countryman62 said:

Went to vets a few years back for some advocate wanted to charge me £78. for 6 tubes, told em I could get 12 tubes from Animed Direct for £52. just needed a prescription from vets, they charged me £16. for prescription n I was ok with that, went back to vets next year and they told me they can only give 6 months prescription for same £16. and they had to see dog before they could give prescription which was £35. if nothing wrong with dog, and had to see dog every 6 months, so they wanted £70 per year to see dog and do f**k all and then screw me for £32. for 2 prescriptions, I told them they just ripping me off, they told me take it or leave it, told them I’d f*****g leave it and hope they die of aids, don’t use none of that shit poison now since found out there’s enough poison in one tube to kill six million Honey Bees, none of it gets absorbed into the skin it just dries and stays there till it rains and gets washed off and gets into the water system be that through surface drains or in the countryside filtering through the earth into the rivers, streams, ponds and so on, just use skinny spray from CSJK9 now and never had a problem with fleas, ticks or any little nasties.

C0456DBF-BFE7-42D2-A7EF-A4EA4E3AFA7A.jpeg

I might try spraying the missus with this 

• Haha 2

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Some of the arseholes up here that call themselves vets won't give you fcuk all without a consultation fee now, it's all about the coin now, yes try monkey ?

Panacur treats lungworm

used frontline on my Wheaton bitch few months back and she lost all her fur? this is the only stuff that works on her? Bought aload on line from pets at home,no prescriptions needed?

Posted Images

On 30/07/2021 at 22:26, Moocher71 said:

Advocate dont treat lung worm ,the vets will say it does and even prescribe it if a dog as lung worm but it don't work the only one I know that works is milbamax and I had a dogvwith lung worm andvvet gave advocate once a week for a month and didn't do anything but milbamax did the job .

Milbemax has ivomec in so be careful using it on collie bred dogs.

• Like 2
4 hours ago, gnipper said:

Milbemax has ivomec in so be careful using it on collie bred dogs.

They don't have to have much collie blood in them to be affected in a deadly manner and a good heads up that Gnipper.:victory:

• Like 1
On 31/07/2021 at 15:45, Moocher71 said:

Yes it does but its daily for two weeks and that's a lot of panacur to give a juckel ,I was advised to give milbamax once a week for a month and 3 days of panacur at the start and it cleared him up unlike the 3 vets who said give Advocate as this is the best treatment ,yes best for them as it cost more but doesn't work to kill lungworm its just a preventer if your lucky .

I agree with you that everyday for two weeks does sound a lot to treat the dog with but if that’s the recommended dose of panacur to treat lungworm then so be it, lungworm is more serious than intestinal worms and tbh whatever your opinion, my opinion or anybody’s opinion is means f**k all, I’ve learned a bit about milbamax today and I thank you for that.

3 hours ago, Countryman62 said:

I agree with you that everyday for two weeks does sound a lot to treat the dog with but if that’s the recommended dose of panacur to treat lungworm then so be it, lungworm is more serious than intestinal worms and tbh whatever your opinion, my opinion or anybody’s opinion is means f**k all, I’ve learned a bit about milbamax today and I thank you for that.

Don't I know its more serious and vets not got a clue about lung worm in my opinion and I took my whippet x to 3 different vets and all said he had kennel cough and ruled out lung worm because he had Advocate every 3 months 

He's doing OK now ,but we nearly lost him .he never be a runner again but he's happy to just plod along the river and he's spoilt house dog .

• Like 1
25 minutes ago, Moocher71 said:

Don't I know its more serious and vets not got a clue about lung worm in my opinion and I took my whippet x to 3 different vets and all said he had kennel cough and ruled out lung worm because he had Advocate every 3 months 

He's doing OK now ,but we nearly lost him .he never be a runner again but he's happy to just plod along the river and he's spoilt house dog .

Mooch,how do you think he picked that up? Eating slugs etc or in contact with some dodgey imported dog?...I go out of my way to eradicate slugs and snails from the garden and dog runs?

1 minute ago, Daniel cain said:

Mooch,how do you think he picked that up? Eating slugs etc or in contact with some dodgey imported dog?...I go out of my way to eradicate slugs and snails from the garden and dog runs?

Bane of my life slugs ??‍♂️

24 minutes ago, Daniel cain said:

Was glad when I burnt my old timber kennels and went galv?tried alsorts ...food and water bowls off the floor helped??20160929_185646.jpg.de84d09e932eaf547866a3e66b0efa5a.jpg

Yeah need to sort mine out. Might gravel all round. Apparently it suppose to help 

4 hours ago, Moocher71 said:

Three different vets, that’s shocking really, glad your dog is doing ok now, atb

• Like 1
11 hours ago, Daniel cain said:

Dc ,he had fox lung worm and vet said he could have got it from eating something across the fields or got crap  in his mouth when rolling in  fox filth . I always did my best to keep him tip top and flea and worm him but went with what the vet prescribed back then thinking they new best but never again .

He was never one for slug,snail eating and I keep away from other dogs and parks etc ,apparently upto 80 % of fox population as lungworm, poor sods . its a horrible thing .

3 minutes ago, Moocher71 said:

Dc ,he had fox lung worm and vet said he could have got it from eating something across the fields or got crap  in his mouth when rolling in  fox filth . I always did my best to keep him tip top and flea and worm him but went with what the vet prescribed back then thinking they new best but never again .

He was never one for slug,snail eating and I keep away from other dogs and parks etc ,apparently upto 80 % of fox population as lungworm, poor sods . its a horrible thing .

70%