1 minute ago, SheepChaser said:

Wasnt looking for the usual school

yard scrap. Genuinely just a bit confused.

1 in a million chance of dying from Covid apparently.

1 in 100,000 chance of having heart damage from the jab.

But all of that aside - my question kind of was, if it’s personal choice and protection why are we being forced ? And why can’t I go to a club if I can still catch and spread it with the vaccine ? What’s the advantage 

They reduce transmission mate.

A silly strategy from the government though as most folk who are in to clubbing are of the younger generation.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Me and the Mr's went for a afternoon drink last Saturday for the first time in ages, we went to  a place we often frequent,  they asked us  if we had the app , no, then asked us to leave our details a

Ok, so I’m not usually one for putting stuff in this section. But it’s just spinning around my head and would be interested on folks thoughts. So first off I’ll say, I’ve not had any Covid

Who'd have thought that we had so many bio chemistry engineers on THL 

Posted Images

Just now, stop.end said:

Lol.. again ... You seem to be getting a little uppity there..to late now ehh..so just wait and see.

Uppity? Really? How so? if you're right its too late for loads of people including me so I hope you aren't. Seems fairly reasonable to me? Either way, I've had them now so no point crying over spilt milk is there?

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, SheepChaser said:

Wasnt looking for the usual school

yard scrap. Genuinely just a bit confused.

1 in a million chance of dying from Covid apparently.

1 in 100,000 chance of having heart damage from the jab.

But all of that aside - my question kind of was, if it’s personal choice and protection why are we being forced ? And why can’t I go to a club if I can still catch and spread it with the vaccine ? What’s the advantage 

Because governments will always jump on any opportunity to legislate and gain more information about people…….information is power.

I don’t think for one second these regulations have a damn thing to do with Covid, it’s just pure opportunism……..like the patriot act after 9/11 

Dont worry about it, just don’t play….easy.

• Like 3
1 minute ago, Tyla said:

Uppity? Really? How so? if you're right its too late for loads of people including me so I hope you aren't. Seems fairly reasonable to me? Either way, I've had them now so no point crying over spilt milk is there?

Exactly..?

Just now, WILF said:

Because governments will always jump on any opportunity to legislate and gain more information about people…….information is power.

I don’t think for one second these regulations have a damn thing to do with Covid, it’s just pure opportunism……..like the patriot act after 9/11 

Dont worry about it, just don’t play….easy.

But that doesn't mean folk who should really get the vaccine need to cut off their nose to spite their face.

Sticking two fingers up to the government by refusing to take the vaccine could be a very bad move for some.

Just now, Greb147 said:

But that doesn't mean folk who should really get the vaccine need to cut off their nose to spite their face.

Sticking two fingers up to the government by refusing to take the vaccine could be a very bad move for some.

Granted. But there isn’t any logic in it. That’s what I struggle with. If I’m being told I have to do something I’d like a half decent logical explanation 

• Like 1
Just now, stop.end said:

Exactly..?

Not sure what point you're trying to make mate, or is that me being uppity again?

As far as I see it it's like everything else in life, you make choices and you live with them. Whining gets you nowhere.

I'd be more convinced it was a bad call if anyone could say what the consequences would be but nothing I've heard has made much sense so far, it's all a bit mysterious.

Just have to wait and see I suppose

Just now, SheepChaser said:

Granted. But there isn’t any logic in it. That’s what I struggle with. If I’m being told I have to do something I’d like a half decent logical explanation 

Theres logic in it if you think about what it is rather than what they tell you it is.

Theres a price to pay for not doing things you don’t agree with, yours may be a night out at “Chicago’s” mate ! Lol ? 

1 minute ago, SheepChaser said:

It's like this, every day is a school day, even to the scientists mate.

They are still researching the ins and outs of these new variants and such.

Would you rather them be cautious or declare open season?

No digs at you mate, weren't a few of the covid deniers off here crying out that the government weren't doing enough when this very real and killing virus came on the scene?

2 minutes ago, Greb147 said:

No digs at you mate, weren't a few of the covid deniers off here crying out that the government weren't doing enough when this very real and killing virus came on the scene?

Like I said I’m not currently swayed either way as such and I have only not had the jab through circumstance 

I am just trying to understand some of the stuff being said to / at me.

And I’m trying to understand the restrictions.

The night club thing isn’t an issue really, if I want to go out and haven’t been jabbed  will just buy a Covid passport off the dark web. 

6 minutes ago, Greb147 said:

You've got the jab haven't you greb??