Ok, so I’m not usually one for putting stuff in this section. But it’s just spinning around my head and would be interested on folks thoughts.

So first off I’ll say, I’ve not had any Covid jabs. Not initially for any political reason, just because I was busy and lambing when they offered it to me, and I didn’t get to it.

But now, the more I hear, the more highly questionable is sounds.

I won’t be able to travel without a jab, I won’t be able to go to a festival or a night club .....why? Just heard that by me getting a jab it could save a vulnerable persons life. How ?

From what I understand, if you are jabbed, you can still pick it up, you can still spread it. So if I’m jabbed I can go on holiday, and I can pick up Covid or a variant, and I can bring it back here, and I can pass it on. I may still get sick from it, and if vulnerable I could die. But most likely I won’t.

From what I can see ...... that’s no different for me going over seas without a jab.

Surely the jab is only protecting me? It’s not protecting anyone else if I can still catch it and spread it ?

I just don’t understand this obsessive drive to force everyone. They are now talking about making it compulsory! Do people not see how highly questionable that is ?

We allow people to smoke, allow people to drink, and do lots of other questionable things .........

The message has been so insanely inconsistent, the whole way through...... you have to wear a mask standing up in a pub, but not sitting down? What the actual f*ck? We must all have the ap, but medical, police etc all told to delete the ap.

I just really feel like people have bought into a lot of things based upon nothing, and now we are taking a really questionable direction.

Would love to hear your thoughts.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Me and the Mr's went for a afternoon drink last Saturday for the first time in ages, we went to  a place we often frequent,  they asked us  if we had the app , no, then asked us to leave our details a

Ok, so I’m not usually one for putting stuff in this section. But it’s just spinning around my head and would be interested on folks thoughts. So first off I’ll say, I’ve not had any Covid

Who'd have thought that we had so many bio chemistry engineers on THL 

Posted Images

Nice to see a thread starting on such a rarely spoken about topic.

It's like this, nobody is forcing anyone to have the vaccine, take it or leave it, you do best for yourself and that's about it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

But actually they are talking about forcing people. About making it either compulsory to have it, or if that’s questionable on legal grounds, just making your life very hard to enjoy if you haven’t. 

Not wanting to flog a dead horse but I’m struggling to get it. 

Surely it’s only protecting me ? 

1 minute ago, SheepChaser said:

But actually they are talking about forcing people. About making it either compulsory to have it, or if that’s questionable on legal grounds, just making your life very hard to enjoy if you haven’t. 

No they aren't forcing people mate, you still have a choice.

They are just likely being overly cautious, think about it, nightclubs are potential virus havens, slowly, slowly, catchy monkey.

5 minutes ago, SheepChaser said:

Money (and more importantly tax revenue) talks…..just don’t frequent places that require it…..when enough revenue is lost in the way of income tax, corporation tax and rates then it will all stop.

Ultimately, on this one, people can and will decide.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
2 minutes ago, Greb147 said:

No they aren't forcing people mate, you still have a choice.

They are just likely being overly cautious, think about it, nightclubs are potential virus havens, slowly, slowly, catchy monkey.

They are discussing making it compulsory mate, believe me. 

Yea night clubs may well be.

But how am I effecting anyone else if I go to one not jabbed ? 

I can still get it in the night club and still spread it on ?

How am I saving an old person if I have one ? 

Just now, SheepChaser said:

They can't mate, it will never happen.

It's about minimising the risks and I agree it's gone silly.

Vaccines reduce the risks, they are a godsend for mankind.

That doesn't mean the government aren't a bunch of clowns though.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
Just now, SheepChaser said:

Ultimately mate, everyone has the choice to take their ball and say “f**k off, I ain’t playing any more” …….that’s why I now live in another country.

Only you can decide what price in your life you are prepared to pay to not be a part of things you don’t like.

I wouldn’t give two fucks if every nightclub, Wetherspoons, Tesco, Spanish holiday resort and chain eating establishment closed tomorrow…..we were on a shit path and this is an opportunity in my book to take a new direction !

• Like 2

I’ll tell you what makes me laugh, I remember as a kid living in rural Kent in a couple of trailers on our own little 5 acre orchard.

When various relatives etc were in local stopping places we would go and see them, never a bother…..people local were ok.

None of this “oh, pikeys are back, them c**t do whatever they want, don’t pay council tax etc etc” and all the other associates shit you hear nowadays.

People living free, earning their living and asking for nothing.

Then everyone insisted these people be “cracked down on”, we wanted them subjected to rules and regulations and was happy to see it happen.

Now the big rules and regulations have come for your ordinary bloke people are all up in arms…….f**k me, we do love a rule and a regulation in the UK and we take them all to the most stupid degree…….why is anyone shocked ? 

There’s a decent rule of thumb as you meander your way through this life for all situations, the price of your freedoms are my freedoms…….we forgot that golden rule and now they have come for everyone ? What we gonna do ? 

• Thanks 1

I've had both mine so too late to worry about it now. I cant see the harm personally, I've had jabs to allow me to travel overseas plenty of times and the normal ones you have as a kid. I cant see there's a huge difference 

I have had both jabs too but I won’t be going in any establishment that wants me to scan a tag or any of that, it’s an intrusion too far.

I won’t play that game because these people can’t be trusted.

Few business local to me are refusing to open under that regulation, they said they won’t be a party to Discrimination against people.

Edited by WILF
  • Like 1
19 minutes ago, WILF said:

Money (and more importantly tax revenue) talks…..just don’t frequent places that require it…..when enough revenue is lost in the way of income tax, corporation tax and rates then it will all stop.

Ultimately, on this one, people can and will decide.

Me and the Mr's went for a afternoon drink last Saturday for the first time in ages, we went to  a place we often frequent,  they asked us  if we had the app , no, then asked us to leave our details and to sit outside ,we declined and went to the pub in the next village and  it was the total opposite like normal so we had lunch and a good drink with them...its that simple ?

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1
2 minutes ago, Tyla said:

I've had both mine so too late to worry about it now. I cant see the harm personally, I've had jabs to allow me to travel overseas plenty of times and the normal ones you have as a kid. I cant see there's a huge difference 

Massive difference actually..the ones you had before were vaccinations...this is an experimental spike protein. You went and put something in your body and you haven't even got a clue about it... speaks volumes to me. 

1 minute ago, WILF said:

I have had both jabs too but I won’t be going in any establishment that wants me to scan a tag or any of that, it’s an intrusion too far.

I won’t play that game because these people can’t be trusted.

I didnt go anywhere near people if could help it before all this, I have no intention of starting now!

It would be nice if the masses buggered off back to town though, all my nice out the way spots I've been going years are wrecked by the influx of people wanting to discover the countryside. With any luck now primark and pubs are back open it will calm down a bit.

• Like 5
3 minutes ago, stop.end said:

Massive difference actually..the ones you had before were vaccinations...this is an experimental spike protein. You went and put something in your body and you haven't even got a clue about it... speaks volumes to me. 

Too late so not a lot I can do lol. What is it that you think will happen to all the people that have had it?

• Like 2