Sealife observation

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The girls both got shining reports so their nan got them a little kit each to observe sealife. No school tomorrow so we drove 5 mins up the road onto the tamar armed with a few dropnets and some scabb

Ffs .. not everything is about covid...leave it on the 20 other shit threads about it ffs

i think we all have different opinions on politics...religion....and other life stuff that we all wont agree on francie... but i like posts like this...few pics ..kids and dad enjoying life...nic

Posted Images

1 minute ago, W. Katchum said:

Iv only ever had the kids at beach a few times as we ain’t local to one an I never been really coasty tbh, but when we was down Skegness way a few years ago we went crabbing. Our first time an we loved it haha even the missus was real involved, had little hand lines an some basket things we dropped in, going up towards Scarborough again this year to hook up with some family an enjoy the coast so looking forward to a bit crabbing agajn ? there’s nowt can be really done way the little crabs we catch is there?

Could use em live for hounds or wrasse mate but that's about it. 

Just now, W. Katchum said:

Na I’ll just let em go, keep saying I’ll take a rod with me when we go but I never seem to

I find trying to fish when doing stuff with the kids just ruins it. You can't really do both.

When you are crabbing don't f**k about with dried baits or bacon; frozen fish like mackerel or gar or pop morrisons and spend a fiver on fresh sardines/herring. 

2 minutes ago, W. Katchum said:

Aye it not the same, only way I enjoy fishing with kids is set them all up a rod each an just help them an don’t fish myself, funny tho as some me best days fishing ever have been watching them catch rather than me catching ? so I honestly don’t mind an I do get to go myself whenever I want really.

I’ll remember that about the bait we used bacon ???

I completely agree mate, some of my favourite days have been the kids but your spot on and have to not fish for everyone to enjoy it. 

Bacon will catch crabs but that's it. Fish will catch all sorts especially with drop nets or prawn pots and much quicker than bacon

1 hour ago, W. Katchum said:

I want some them prawn things haha will I gwt them in a crab net with some fish i take it?

Yes you will or you get traps for them. 

1 hour ago, W. Katchum said:

Are they the prawns we eat ??

Yes but we save em for bait. I've a bucket of live in the living room atm (long story )

1628034972248.jpg