Looking for decent beddy x bitch

1 hour ago, Aussie Whip said:

I know the ear carriage doesn't affect the ability but I'm with you on that. Worse is Russells with pricked ears.

I'd say it does affect the ability to survive in the wild as every canine or vulpine and mustaliod (spelling?) has pricked ears and sort of lightly thinking about it all wild animals have pricked ears have they not?? :hmm::victory: .....

• Like 2

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Earist b*****d

I don't do shows I work my dogs and this particular one excels in the field! So f**k if he's got ears like spock I don't care he does the job and does it well I'm looking for a good working beddy x to

Say what

Posted Images

10 minutes ago, fireman said:

I'd say it does affect the ability to survive in the wild as every canine or vulpine and mustaliod (spelling?) has pricked ears and sort of lightly thinking about it all wild animals have pricked ears have they not?? :hmm::victory: .....

It's interesting to note that when they did experiments in Russian fur farms, trying to breed foxes for increased docility, their ear carriage changed to flop ears, as well as the colour of the fur. Maybe that same gene which increases tractability/trainability is also responsible for the dropped ears of most domestic canines.

• Like 3
12 minutes ago, skycat said:

It's interesting to note that when they did experiments in Russian fur farms, trying to breed foxes for increased docility, their ear carriage changed to flop ears, as well as the colour of the fur. Maybe that same gene which increases tractability/trainability is also responsible for the dropped ears of most domestic canines.

Sorry to repeat but yes interesting indeed as when domestic dogs go wild their ear carriage goes upright, i wonder if pricked eared dogs in general are less obediant but are better hunters if given the chance?. I'm far from clever enough to research such a thing but interesting to ponder over for sure..

• Like 1
40 minutes ago, fireman said:

Yeah it would aid hearing and I like pricked ears on a lot of breeds including some terriers but can't stand them on sighthounds and Russells.

• Like 1
17 minutes ago, fireman said:

i wonder if pricked eared dogs in general are less obediant but are better hunters if given the chance?.

I don't think they are less obedient, a lot of stock breeds have pricked ears and unless they are hunting mice and small animals to survive out bush I don't think the ear carriage matters.

• Like 1
4 hours ago, Aussie Whip said:

I don't think they are less obedient, a lot of stock breeds have pricked ears and unless they are hunting mice and small animals to survive out bush I don't think the ear carriage matters.

Interesting with the fox's, but the prick eared herders are more biddable than the drop eared sighthounds etc.

Lots of dogs with wind have drop ears ?

• Like 1