Comparison Galgo vs. Greyhound

24 minutes ago, TOMO said:

i agree mate...how many times have we seen it here....hard dry ground....dogs getting injured 

What dogs you seen get injured tomo fast types that can't adapt as soon as it is hard mate most saluki dogs with a good bit in will.adapt and run dry mate 

Edited by mC HULL

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Got mine in training for the battle of the slop bashers ????????

They are sensitive but biddable and trainable, I find them easy to live with, I'd put them somewhere between a greyhound and a saluki temperament wise. They have high prey drive and will run themselve

SANDY..!!!!!!!

Posted Images

1 hour ago, mC HULL said:

What dogs you seen get injured tomo fast types that can't adapt as soon as it is hard mate most saluki dogs with a good bit in will.adapt and run dry mate 

You talk about sal blooded dogs as if they only juckel worth running mc 

11 minutes ago, W. Katchum said:

I think I might buy a whippet x galgo an come looking for a match with mchull’s sulkuki’s ?

I'm coming looking for you this season with a sulkuki for a night on the bunny's

How do they score a galgo course ?

all i can find is they have to run 35 seconds from when the hare gets up before the course starts then it has to last 55 seconds or it's a no course. This is in Portugal don't know if Spain is the same. 

• Haha 1
On 03/08/2021 at 13:08, stevemac said:

Well I've seen galgoes run black tail jacks over cactas filled desert in New mexico and the the frkers can catch. Ive also seen saluki hybreds and pure saluki do the same. 

How did the three compare?

11 hours ago, Gilbey said:

harder ground How did the three compare?

The hybrids and the galgoes were both very capable the one of the galgoes did not miss once in a race he was like an exist missile the hybrids had harder ground but ran jack rabbits to a stand still with left. The pure salukies were not the quality of the other two. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
2 hours ago, stevemac said:

The hybrids and the galgoes were both very capable the one of the galgoes did not miss once in a race he was like an exist missile the hybrids had harder ground but ran jack rabbits to a stand still with left. The pure salukies were not the quality of the other two. 

I've spoken to a couple that have Galgos in new mexico, they rate them as decent catch dogs.

16 hours ago, mush said:

How do they score a galgo course ?

all i can find is they have to run 35 seconds from when the hare gets up before the course starts then it has to last 55 seconds or it's a no course. This is in Portugal don't know if Spain is the same. 

The scoring is similar to English coursing, score for 1st in the run up and turn, then turns/work scores as the course goes on, so a fast dog that catches can get a quick win but as the course goes on a slower type can build up its scores to win. 

Bear in mind that those  entering the top competitions are just the tip of the iceberg, there are thousands of people running their dogs as a hobby to catch a hare or compete against their mates etc. 

Ps the Spanish like a dog that takes the hare.

• Like 3