Comparison Galgo vs. Greyhound

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Got mine in training for the battle of the slop bashers ????????

They are sensitive but biddable and trainable, I find them easy to live with, I'd put them somewhere between a greyhound and a saluki temperament wise. They have high prey drive and will run themselve

SANDY..!!!!!!!

Posted Images

2 hours ago, stevemac said:

Well I've seen galgoes run black tail jacks over cactas filled desert in New mexico and the the frkers can catch. Ive also seen saluki hybreds and pure saluki do the same. 

?Indeed, they've been bred for thousands of years for the very purpose of catching hares so it would be strange if they couldn't ?

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, sandymere said:

?Indeed, they've been bred for thousands of years for the very purpose of catching hares so it would be strange if they couldn't ?

Catching or coursing em mate and they not single handed dogs are they ? 

1Running em thousands a years and still need 2 ? 

Green lurchers put on the land stop mincing ? 

Sandy turn up ill educate you about global warming while we look for um  mate  ? 

We run to gun see what the galgo can do 

I'm quite interested me self to be honest be good seeing one in the flesh over here ?

Worst case scenario you and green get a good laugh watching me run about after me dog trying to get it bk on a lead ? ? ppp

• Like 2
3 hours ago, stevemac said:

Well I've seen galgoes run black tail jacks over cactas filled desert in New mexico and the the frkers can catch. Ive also seen saluki hybreds and pure saluki do the same. 

Did you like their coursing style? How would rate them regarding stamina/pace?

20 hours ago, mC HULL said:

Catching or coursing em mate and they not single handed dogs are they ? 

1Running em thousands a years and still need 2 ? 

Green lurchers put on the land stop mincing ? 

Sandy turn up ill educate you about global warming while we look for um  mate  ? 

We run to gun see what the galgo can do 

I'm quite interested me self to be honest be good seeing one in the flesh over here ?

Worst case scenario you and green get a good laugh watching me run about after me dog trying to get it bk on a lead ? ? ppp

Of cause no one has better than you or done better than you have you ever run black tail jacks on cactus filled desert where one farm is bigger and flatter than half of britian. Where the jacks are conditioned from birth by coyotes that can run faster and further than your average lurchers. But hey you know you have been baiting and arguing this whole topic so you must. 

5 minutes ago, stevemac said:

Of cause no one has better than you or done better than you have you ever run black tail jacks on cactus filled desert where one farm is bigger and flatter than half of britian. Where the jacks are conditioned from birth by coyotes that can run faster and further than your average lurchers. But hey you know you have been baiting and arguing this whole topic so you must. 

Mc,s the slop master nothing else matters ?

19 minutes ago, stevemac said:

Better than me ?the uk coursing bred isn't mine mate lol 

A galgos couldnt live with one there been selective bred to run single by there self and kill mate not chase 

You think a jack could out run  one lol it do one get on another straight away and do that lol

10 minutes ago, stevemac said:

I think most runs down his chin.

Well green can put land on and lads have galgos lets see if it happens ? 

It won't because they know a galgo couldnt live with a uk coursing bred ?

1 hour ago, mC HULL said:

Better than me ?the uk coursing bred isn't mine mate lol 

A galgos couldnt live with one there been selective bred to run single by there self and kill mate not chase 

You think a jack could out run  one lol it do one get on another straight away and do that lol

i think you might win a run in the uk....

but i recon you come unstuck on the Iberian peninsula ....on the dry 

im obviously having the crack....but it would be nice to see both types on each others ground...see whats what

• Like 1
1 hour ago, mC HULL said:

Well green can put land on and lads have galgos lets see if it happens ? 

It won't because they know a galgo couldnt live with a uk coursing bred ?

You see the land they run in Spain mc  

Id like to see a uk dog run the same ,think they be on the bench in no time  .

• Like 2
1 minute ago, Moocher71 said:

Some would run it no bother mate some can run bone dry here no  different loose hard going i thi k mate ?

50 minutes ago, Moocher71 said:

i agree mate...how many times have we seen it here....hard dry ground....dogs getting injured 

• Like 2