Comparison Galgo vs. Greyhound

1 hour ago, sandymere said:

no see preceding post, two distinct breeds.

Closer doesn't mean none when in there at the start Egypt is north Africa saluki territory plus Muslims invaded spain so chanced a saluki in em will be high 

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Got mine in training for the battle of the slop bashers ????????

They are sensitive but biddable and trainable, I find them easy to live with, I'd put them somewhere between a greyhound and a saluki temperament wise. They have high prey drive and will run themselve

SANDY..!!!!!!!

Posted Images

20 minutes ago, mC HULL said:

Mate a uk coursing bred or saluki have much more in the tank than a galago

We don't need heat resistance we need cold resistance lol?

Regarding your first point: is that so? Is the galgo really inferior regarding more gas in the tank, than a saluki/coursing bred dog? Are you speaking from first hand experience?

5 minutes ago, mC HULL said:

Closer doesn't mean none when in there at the start Egypt is north Africa saluki territory plus Muslims invaded spain so chanced a saluki in em will be high 

Muslims from north Africa, ie Sloughi owners, the north Africans from places like Morocco, Algeria etc consider the Sloughi to be the true dog of the Arabs not the saluki.

The mixing of cultures is why the Sloughi and Galgo share genetic material the two likely crossed and recrossed from the peninsular and Africa. The saluki was from a long way away before modern transport,  bit like saying a Spanish breed is like a breed from Ukraine because they are both in Europe.

North Africa HD Stock Images | Shutterstock

25 minutes ago, mC HULL said:

So does a beagle and both take all day to catch a Hare.......  ?

• Haha 3
2 hours ago, mush said:

Don't make sense, when these breeds started they were types. How can the deerhound not be closely related to the greyhound? Hunting dogs were bred best to best , if they didn't put meat on the table they didn't last long didn't matter if they had rough or smooth.

Many years ago furry coats where highly important in UK 

So does a beagle and both take all day to catch a Hare.......  ?

? I THINK lol 

Coursing bred would absolutely smoke a galgos mate we can  always put it to the test this season ? 

• Haha 1
8 minutes ago, mC HULL said:

? I THINK lol 

Coursing bred would absolutely smoke a galgos mate we can  always put it to the test this season ? 

Ther is and has been fir many yrs folk  in Spain and Portugal and funny enough the UK  who are far more interested in the course in its original form than the slay  I kniw it’s hard fir some folk to comprehend but a kill is not the main objective of a running dog it’s plainly a case of different strokes fir different folks ?

Edited by green lurchers
  • Like 2

Muslims from north Africa, ie Sloughi owners, the north Africans from places like Morocco, Algeria etc consider the Sloughi to be the true dog of the Arabs not the saluki.

The mixing of cultures is why the Sloughi and Galgo share genetic material the two likely crossed and recrossed from the peninsular and Africa. The saluki was from a long way away before modern transport,  bit like saying a Spanish breed is like a breed from Ukraine because they are both in Europe.

North Africa HD Stock Images | Shutterstock

Salukis in Egypt but didn't make sudan libya when they are Muslim country's sandy id be surprised 

Just now, green lurchers said:

Ther is and has been fir many yrs folk  in Spain and Portugal and funny enough the UK  who are far more interested in the course in its original form than the slay  I kniw it’s hard fir some folk to comprehend but a kill is not the main objective of a running dog it’s plainly a case of different strokes fir different folks ?

Loads a shite dogs can chase mate nearly all can't they 

I'd double up to points against a galgo a sandys you put the land on 

Me dog get there first and kill it

That's what I think ? 

1 hour ago, mC HULL said:

This lad of mine is impervious to cold. He will sleep in the snow ffs ?

• Haha 1
5 minutes ago, mC HULL said:

Salukis in Egypt but didn't make sudan libya when they are Muslim country's sandy id be surprised 

Same as Borzois in Russia didn't make uk until modern times, same continent same religion but distances where different when you had to walk or ride a horse to get there which is the vary reason we have distinct breeds like greyhounds, Borzois, Galgos etc in Europe and they have salukis, sloughis and Asawaki.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
10 minutes ago, mC HULL said:

Loads a shite dogs can chase mate nearly all can't they 

I'd double up to points against a galgo a sandys you put the land on 

Me dog get there first and kill it

That's what I think ? 

Your dogs are purpose bred to kill and can’t be topped at that game I think lol  but can we have coursing dogs or is it kill at all costs and nothing else will do ?