Comparison Galgo vs. Greyhound

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Got mine in training for the battle of the slop bashers ????????

They are sensitive but biddable and trainable, I find them easy to live with, I'd put them somewhere between a greyhound and a saluki temperament wise. They have high prey drive and will run themselve

SANDY..!!!!!!!

Posted Images

People have been importing different breeds for decades and doing different crosses to produce the perfect types for whatever their chosen sport/quarry is.Im sure if these Galgo's were much cop somebody would have done something worth doing with them long before now.People need to stop trying to reinvent the wheel but who am I?Im sure theres some crank out there that will bring some over and breed something thats gunna knock spots off anything thats already out there.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
19 hours ago, downsouth said:

People have been importing different breeds for decades and doing different crosses to produce the perfect types for whatever their chosen sport/quarry is.Im sure if these Galgo's were much cop somebody would have done something worth doing with them long before now.People need to stop trying to reinvent the wheel but who am I?Im sure theres some crank out there that will bring some over and breed something thats gunna knock spots off anything thats already out there.

Only because it was not tried in the past or did not work out in the past, does not mean it would not work out today. Circumstances and dogs change. The quarry changes, the environment changes.
How else would you get new interesting crosses? If we all would run the same cross over and over again the lurcher game would be very bland, in my opinion. 
Reminds me of the people at work who always say „That’s how it was always done here“, super bad for innovation…
Outcrossing to the best what’s out there is kind of the beauty of lurchers in my book.

But, to each their own!

All the best!

• Like 2
On 31/07/2021 at 18:51, downsouth said:

What do you think is in the make up of the galago ? 

6 hours ago, MagyarAgar said:

Only because it was not tried in the past or did not work out in the past, does not mean it would not work out today. Circumstances and dogs change. The quarry changes, the environment changes.
How else would you get new interesting crosses? If we all would run the same cross over and over again the lurcher game would be very bland, in my opinion. 
Reminds me of the people at work who always say „That’s how it was always done here“, super bad for innovation…
Outcrossing to the best what’s out there is kind of the beauty of lurchers in my book.

But, to each their own!

All the best!

if you have what you want why would you out cross to a different breed \??

Now, I've nothing against galgo's, some of them I've seen on video seem very capable, but if they are so good, and available almost on our doorstep, and far easier to import, why did people go to the great bother and expense of importing Salukis from the Middle East to breed and improve coursing dogs in the UK ?

This is a genuine question and in no way meant to be derogatory of galgo's.

Cheers.

Edited by chartpolski
22 minutes ago, chartpolski said:

Now, I've nothing against galgo's, some of them I've seen on video seem very capable, but if they are so good, and available almost on our doorstep, and far easier to import, why did people go to the great bother and expense of importing Salukis from the Middle East to breed and improve coursing dogs in the UK ?

This is a genuine question and in no way meant to be derogatory of galgo's.

Cheers.

Uk coursing breds don’t need no improving mate just good pure for the odd outcross I think ?

• Like 2