Walking a pup

I do 5+ quickish miles on the bike with my 10 month old pup 3 or 4 times a week in the morning, he does probably half that again up, down and around.

Still wants to go again when I take the old ones out, can't tire the f****r, first thing he does when we come in is pick his ball up ??

Cheers, D.

• Like 1
8 hours ago, dytkos said:

I do 5+ quickish miles on the bike with my 10 month old pup 3 or 4 times a week in the morning, he does probably half that again up, down and around.

Still wants to go again when I take the old ones out, can't tire the f****r, first thing he does when we come in is pick his ball up ??

Cheers, D.

Mine was/is just the same. Just can't tire the cnut. I come in knackered and she runs to her ball and looks at me with that 'whats up with you' face... ??

On 27/07/2021 at 19:01, Trev70 said:

Out and about with me every day and will be all season, making her first catch at the weekend while on a early morning mooch ? it’s a start ? and all just games to her at the min but will pay off in the future. I can’t do with learning a pup and breaking to stock at at about ten months or older the teenage age, it’s too hard work when their at that head strong age.

3EDAA903-E79F-4DFB-A468-9445FABB9845.jpeg

3FEDADEB-3525-494C-BA62-407D00B57391.jpeg

Good luck with pup trev ?

• Thanks 1

I started my best ferreting bitch at only about three or four months. I simply didn't worry about what we brought home and put the ferrets in wherever she seemed interested. She soon learnt which smell produced which result. 

With regards to distance walked, both her and the following dog were pups when each of my kids were in their off-road buggy so they popped into the basket underneath when they were tired. My current youngest was post-buggy so I bought a bag to carry him in (to save my arms) and taught him to sit in front of me when he was tired and wanted to be carried. I thought he cottoned on to this extremely quickly, however, it turned out he was cleverer than me and was getting me to carry him between water features as I became aware that the little sod always seemed to wake up and want to walk whenever we approached a stream, ditch or pond. Cunning bar steward!