A night on the yaks..

39 minutes ago, terryd said:

Looks great got to admit I wish I could swim and no I am not splashing about in a pool at my age lol. Out of interest can them things go against a fast tide run or do you just avoid it ?

We were against a strong tide run all night mate, we are fishing a bottle knecked estuary as it hits the sea. Its hard work to keep going against it to set the next drift, you try and cut across the tide as much as you can.

The kayak I use is long and pretty streamlined and you can push through the tide pretty well tbf.

• Like 3
3 hours ago, South hams hunter said:

that bass looks a decent size mate, well done. cracking way to spend the evening. im prawning tonight so will flick a float out with a live 1 for a bass myself tonight

Around 4lb mate, nice on light gear and braid.

Using that same eel imitation, im happy to find a good substitute if you can't get lives..

3 hours ago, Arry said:

Jealous as well Kev. Went rock hopping with the plugs and spinners near Start Point last night not one hit. Well done thats tonights tea covered.

Cheers Arry

At least you were out mate!

A fillet each for me and the Mrs tonight...kids are habing beans on toast! Lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
21 minutes ago, NEWKID said:

Around 4lb mate, nice on light gear and braid.

Using that same eel imitation, im happy to find a good substitute if you can't get lives..

yeah i bet it was a good little scrap. i dont use lures; bait plus 6oz then just hit it at the horizon lol. ill go lighter tonight user a live prawn but feels wierd using girls rods ?

• Haha 1
14 minutes ago, South hams hunter said:

yeah i bet it was a good little scrap. i dont use lures; bait plus 6oz then just hit it at the horizon lol. ill go lighter tonight user a live prawn but feels wierd using girls rods ?

Stood behind rods for years mate, don't do it that much anymore, I've always f****d about with a bit of everything fishing wise to be honest..

A bass or nice plaice, Gurnard or bream etc on real light gear is more rewarding to me now... 

Like I said in that other thread, I tend to think about it a lot more now, I love watching the water. Last night there were so many creases, eddys etc all screaming fish, trying to position to get a drift over it and then work the lure through it...it keeps me thinking....

Gotta keep learning in fishing mate, you know that

• Like 1
40 minutes ago, NEWKID said:

At least you were out mate!

A fillet each for me and the Mrs tonight...kids are habing beans on toast! Lol

Oh thats right rub it in, I'll be having beans too I reckon. Lol.

Cheers Arry

19 minutes ago, South hams hunter said:

I had a plus 10lb pollack on that "girls" rod in Scotland....that gave me the run around lol

• Like 1
Just now, Arry said:

Oh thats right rub it in, I'll be having beans too I reckon. Lol.

Cheers Arry

?... I know that aint the case mate, your always eating top scran! ?

6 minutes ago, NEWKID said:

Stood behind rods for years mate, don't do it that much anymore, I've always f****d about with a bit of everything fishing wise to be honest..

A bass or nice plaice, Gurnard or bream etc on real light gear is more rewarding to me now... 

Like I said in that other thread, I tend to think about it a lot more now, I love watching the water. Last night there were so many creases, eddys etc all screaming fish, trying to position to get a drift over it and then work the lure through it...it keeps me thinking....

Gotta keep learning in fishing mate, you know that

im still learning so dont wanna confuse me and add another discipline lol. 

4 minutes ago, NEWKID said:

I had a plus 10lb pollack on that "girls" rod in Scotland....that gave me the run around lol

i bet it did, cracking fighting fish aint they

7 minutes ago, South hams hunter said:

im still learning so dont wanna confuse me and add another discipline lol. 

i bet it did, cracking fighting fish aint they

Found the pic on an old post mate...

It was a beast!! Lol

20210727_152513.jpg.b9bc531e3d90b295c13efc8f2c47ec4d.jpg

I agree with you, to dedicate to one is thd only way to master it...

Unfortunately I'm not built like that, im happy to run a float through a river or catch a cod off a wreck... I've done a little fly fishing, thats something I'd like to do more of.... ill be average to shit at all of it, but have a go!! Lol

• Like 3