Jump to content

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, gnasher16 said:

Ive had this argument for years mate and i always come unstuck when i try to book Darts and Snooker as sports 😆 so f**k it who am i to say whether somethings a sport or not....but yes id book Gymnastics a sport,i just cant justify why 😆

Its probably just what we become uccustomed to and familiar with over the years really isnt it.

I'm a huge darts and snooker fan, my two favourite sports, but I wouldn't want them in the Olympics.

Winning the World Championship in either is my idea of reaching the pinnacle.

Is winning Olympic gold the same, better, or not quite as good as winning the World Championship in your chosen sport ? 

I really don't know 👍 .

Cheers.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Simone Biles says 'I have to focus on my mental health' after pulling out of team final - BBC Sport WWW.BBC.CO.UK Simone Biles says she "has to focus on her mental health" afte

must say i enjoyed watching the bmx tricks event ....great that our girl got the gold...and the fella got the bronze... and fiar play to the lass she fell in the first round...but second round di

Watched the women’s triathlon last night where Britain’s  Georgie Taylor brown had a puncture on her bike in the last lap and fell way off the leading pack to come back on the run to get a silver. Pur

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, chartpolski said:

I'm a huge darts and snooker fan, my two favourite sports, but I wouldn't want them in the Olympics.

Winning the World Championship in either is my idea of reaching the pinnacle.

Is winning Olympic gold the same, better, or not quite as good as winning the World Championship in your chosen sport ? 

I really don't know 👍 .

Cheers.

If you look at football, tennis etc ots not near Wimbledon or the World Cup...it hardly registers to be honest...

But as a gymnast, runner, cyclist or surfer (😁)....its the best aint it!

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

For me the Olympics was always all about Athletics.....if i put my nut to it i could probably tell you who won the 1988/92/96 etc Olympic 100m gold and what time they ran but i wouldnt have the foggiest idea who won the archery,trampolining or any number of other nondescript stupid events....and that probably go's for a lot of sports fans like myself......even the boxing i cant honestly remember that much,as someone else said the Olympics should be the pinnacle of your sport and in athletics it is.....but as for most of the rest i can take it or leave it.

Edited by gnasher16
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, gnasher16 said:

For me the Olympics was always all about Athletics.....if i put my nut to it i could probably tell you who won the 1988 Olympic 100m gold and what time he ran but i wouldnt have the foggiest idea who won the archery,trampolining or any number of other nondescript stupid events....and that probably go's for a lot of sports fans like myself......even the boxing i cant honestly remember that much,as someone else said the Olympics should be the pinnacle of your sport and in athletics it is.....but as for most of the rest i can take it or leave it.

ben johnson ....but got disqualified ...which ment carl lewis got gold....linford got moved up from bronze to silver

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, TOMO said:

ben johnson ....but got disqualified ...which ment carl lewis got gold....linford got moved up from bronze to silver

and i think the female 100 was won by flo joe.....and i believe here olympic record still stands....

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, gnasher16 said:

Ive had this argument for years mate and i always come unstuck when i try to book Darts and Snooker as sports 😆 so f**k it who am i to say whether somethings a sport or not....but yes id book Gymnastics a sport,i just cant justify why 😆

Its probably just what we become uccustomed to and familiar with over the years really isnt it.

Imagine gettin soft in ya old age 😂

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, TOMO said:

ben johnson ....but got disqualified ...which ment carl lewis got gold....linford got moved up from bronze to silver

Probably the most famous race in Olympic history ive been told stories about that race many times over the years the main one being that all 8 competitors tested positive but the organisers knew it would be far too much scandal to declare they all failed so decided one had to carry the can....just make sure he,s not American !

I always felt a bit for Ben Johnson,dont think he was the brightest of fella's and seemed to be the chosen scapegoat.

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, TOMO said:

and i think the female 100 was won by flo joe.....and i believe here olympic record still stands....

Wow fair do's that impressive memory....Johnsons winning time of 9.79 and Lewis 9.92 sticks out in my mind but wouldnt know the womens winners etc.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Another that sticks in my mind from that year Tomo was the 400m final......i loved the 400 as it was a killer of an event and the big favourite Butch Reynolds got pipped on the line by something like 0.05 of a second.....the Russian triple jumper Markov did a massive 17.61m jump Lewis did his famous 8.72m......funny how numbers stick in your mind !

Edited by gnasher16
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, gnasher16 said:

Probably the most famous race in Olympic history ive been told stories about that race many times over the years the main one being that all 8 competitors tested positive but the organisers knew it would be far too much scandal to declare they all failed so decided one had to carry the can....just make sure he,s not American !

I always felt a bit for Ben Johnson,dont think he was the brightest of fella's and seemed to be the chosen scapegoat.

didnt he use winstrol .....and isnt that in the system for a good while after you stop....im sure a few of the other test type PED's can by out your system in a few days.....he deffo had bad advise from who ever was helping him with his PED'S 

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, gnasher16 said:

Probably the most famous race in Olympic history ive been told stories about that race many times over the years the main one being that all 8 competitors tested positive but the organisers knew it would be far too much scandal to declare they all failed so decided one had to carry the can....just make sure he,s not American !

I always felt a bit for Ben Johnson,dont think he was the brightest of fella's and seemed to be the chosen scapegoat.

I havent herd that story but it wouldnt suprise me.....i always remember Paula (female bodybuilder) telling me that she was at a show down your way somewhere ....and Linford was giving out the medals....

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, TOMO said:

didnt he use winstrol .....and isnt that in the system for a good while after you stop....im sure a few of the other test type PED's can by out your system in a few days.....he deffo had bad advise from who ever was helping him with his PED'S 

It was Stanozolol yes but they was all juiced up to the eyeballs the testing before that Olympics was so much different then none of them really had any fear of failing.....it was a historic year in the Peds industry and caused a re-think in many of the top labs worldwide.

Edited by gnasher16
Link to post
Share on other sites

i think  crossfit would  be a good new sport  in the olympics ..

just noticed there is now 3 a side street basket ball of all things....just one hoop  fucks sake....bad enough the proper 5 a side basket ball ...remember 92 with the dream team...jordon johnson pippin..barkely etc....

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...