Olympics 2020

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Simone Biles says 'I have to focus on my mental health' after pulling out of team final - BBC Sport WWW.BBC.CO.UK Simone Biles says she "has to focus on her mental health" afte

must say i enjoyed watching the bmx tricks event ....great that our girl got the gold...and the fella got the bronze... and fiar play to the lass she fell in the first round...but second round di

You should be there with your skateboarding skills ………

Posted Images

1 hour ago, gnasher16 said:

For me the Olympics was always all about Athletics.....if i put my nut to it i could probably tell you who won the 1988/92/96 etc Olympic 100m gold and what time they ran but i wouldnt have the foggiest idea who won the archery,trampolining or any number of other nondescript stupid events....and that probably go's for a lot of sports fans like myself......even the boxing i cant honestly remember that much,as someone else said the Olympics should be the pinnacle of your sport and in athletics it is.....but as for most of the rest i can take it or leave it.

I'd agree with that totally Gnash, though that doesn't stop me enjoying other sports at the games. Once i start watching sommat like the surfing i really enjoy it.

3 minutes ago, TOMO said:

yeh she was...

and great fingernails..lol

I’ve always liked the athletics , love all the track events , field ones nit so keen . 

I worked at the athletes village at the London olympics and it was amazing , food top notch , trained most days at top end gym ( probably wasted on us throwing kettlebells at each other and trying to kick each other off the muscle up bars) pool was great and we thrashed the free physios and recovery facilities to death. All that for doing 6 hours sentry a night ??

anyway we would draw as pairs to go watch the events from an envelope of tickets . I got the rowing final , which was actually better than you’d think . Four of. My mates got Olympic stadium tickets for that super Sunday . They were on the telly loads , bunch of pricks 

I’ve lost interest in the olympics , it’s one of those things that held a certain magic when your younger , like World Cup sticker albums ; it’s just part of a world that doesn’t exist anymore imho 

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

I’ve always liked the athletics , love all the track events , field ones nit so keen . 

I worked at the athletes village at the London olympics and it was amazing , food top notch , trained most days at top end gym ( probably wasted on us throwing kettlebells at each other and trying to kick each other off the muscle up bars) pool was great and we thrashed the free physios and recovery facilities to death. All that for doing 6 hours sentry a night ??

anyway we would draw as pairs to go watch the events from an envelope of tickets . I got the rowing final , which was actually better than you’d think . Four of. My mates got Olympic stadium tickets for that super Sunday . They were on the telly loads , bunch of pricks 

I’ve lost interest in the olympics , it’s one of those things that held a certain magic when your younger , like World Cup sticker albums ; it’s just part of a world that doesn’t exist anymore imho 

You having an association with the Olympics is like saying Joey Deacon is going to recite Wordsworth ! 

26 minutes ago, Bosun11 said:

I'd agree with that totally Gnash, though that doesn't stop me enjoying other sports at the games. Once i start watching sommat like the surfing i really enjoy it.

No i can get that mate i suppose its like watching a good film you get into it and want to see it out......but you wont remember it years later or book yourself a surfing fan yet would you ? ?

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, gnasher16 said:

No i can get that mate i suppose its like watching a good film you get into it and want to see it out......but you wont remember it years later or book yourself a surfing fan yet would you ? ?

Now that's the correct analogy mate...

I've forgot the rules of skateboarding already but couldn't stop watching on Monday night!! Lol

Edited by NEWKID
  • Haha 1
29 minutes ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

My Olympic claim to fame is that Velodrome was built on top of a van yard i once owned ?

You might be right thinking about it there was a certain magic about the Olympics when you was younger that isnt there now.

On 28/07/2021 at 16:40, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

Still Genuinely humbling 

The reality of that little episode was....athlete doesnt warm up properly and tears his hamstring only to continue the race in order to get a finishing position but get totally f****d up by his father running on getting him disqualified !!!

Tell me a white man that could come out of that total calamity a national hero and lifelong motivational speaker.....talk about every cloud ?