Olympics 2020

43 minutes ago, gnasher16 said:

Its not a sport though mate is it,dont get me wrong its not the only one theres too many " recreational activities " being turned into competitive sports for some reason....and they're just not competitive.

That I can't argue with but I will ?

Skaters are fiercely competitive, on the same as any one man against another man, in sport.

Edited by mushroom

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Simone Biles says 'I have to focus on my mental health' after pulling out of team final - BBC Sport WWW.BBC.CO.UK Simone Biles says she "has to focus on her mental health" afte

must say i enjoyed watching the bmx tricks event ....great that our girl got the gold...and the fella got the bronze... and fiar play to the lass she fell in the first round...but second round di

You should be there with your skateboarding skills ………

Posted Images

45 minutes ago, mushroom said:

That I can't argue with but I will ?

Skaters are fiercely competitive, on the same as any one man against another man, in sport.

Im fiercely competitive at tiddlywinks.....but its still not a sport ?

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

I'm quite enjoying it, watch a bit each evening with the Mrs and last night my daughter.

My lad is not into football or rugby, loves surfing and mountain biking, so he's watching a bit of that...

Never thought I'd watch skateboarding, but got into it and as with any contest you could see them pushing themselves to the limit...that is competition isn't it?

Most of the events I know nothing about, but it still drags me in... amazing what some if these people can do with their bodies, the gymnasts amaze me!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
1 minute ago, mushroom said:

Gymnasts?

Diving

Dressage

Etc

Its based on a judge to award points for complexity, faults etc...

So skateboarding and Surfing would be the same.

• Like 1
20 minutes ago, mushroom said:

Gymnasts?

Ive had this argument for years mate and i always come unstuck when i try to book Darts and Snooker as sports ? so f**k it who am i to say whether somethings a sport or not....but yes id book Gymnastics a sport,i just cant justify why ?

Its probably just what we become uccustomed to and familiar with over the years really isnt it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
35 minutes ago, big sid said:

what about sports like footie and tennis that have pro players yet compared to amatuer sports, is it fair to include players  if they are being paid.

Funny, I love my footie but can't be assed with it at the Olympics, zero interest.... give me Skate boarding, gymnastics or synchronised diving any day!! Lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
1 hour ago, gnasher16 said:

Ive had this argument for years mate and i always come unstuck when i try to book Darts and Snooker as sports ? so f**k it who am i to say whether somethings a sport or not....but yes id book Gymnastics a sport,i just cant justify why ?

Its probably just what we become uccustomed to and familiar with over the years really isnt it.

I'm a huge darts and snooker fan, my two favourite sports, but I wouldn't want them in the Olympics.

Winning the World Championship in either is my idea of reaching the pinnacle.

Is winning Olympic gold the same, better, or not quite as good as winning the World Championship in your chosen sport ? 

I really don't know ? .

Cheers.

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, chartpolski said:

I'm a huge darts and snooker fan, my two favourite sports, but I wouldn't want them in the Olympics.

Winning the World Championship in either is my idea of reaching the pinnacle.

Is winning Olympic gold the same, better, or not quite as good as winning the World Championship in your chosen sport ? 

I really don't know ? .

Cheers.

If you look at football, tennis etc ots not near Wimbledon or the World Cup...it hardly registers to be honest...

But as a gymnast, runner, cyclist or surfer (?)....its the best aint it!

• Like 1