Olympics 2020

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Simone Biles says 'I have to focus on my mental health' after pulling out of team final - BBC Sport WWW.BBC.CO.UK Simone Biles says she "has to focus on her mental health" afte

must say i enjoyed watching the bmx tricks event ....great that our girl got the gold...and the fella got the bronze... and fiar play to the lass she fell in the first round...but second round di

You should be there with your skateboarding skills ………

Posted Images

WWW.BBC.CO.UK

Simone Biles says she "has to focus on her mental health" after pulling out of the gymnastics women's team final at...

i f***ing hate that attitude 

jacked as she wasn’t going to win . 

should be made to pay back her sponsorship money for taking the place of a more mentally hardened competitor 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

First Olympics that I can't really raise any interest in.

Theyve allways been about money and politics and it's getting worse.

The Japanese people were against holding them but money talks.

Now the "mental health " nonsense has started; the American girl dropping her team mates in it, the jap tennis player blaming the "pressure" on losing, just waiting for that yank bint in the weigh lifting that hates her own country.

Of course there's pressure when you are trying to be the best in the world, it comes with the job....and if you hate your country, it's anthem and its flag, why the hell do you want to represent it ? Couldn't be the money, sponsorship and fame, could it ?

Id like to see the Olympics being amateur, and going back to the basics; running, jumping and throwing.

Skate boarding ? FFS !

Cheers.

• Like 5
3 minutes ago, chartpolski said:

Now the "mental health " nonsense has started; the American girl dropping her team mates in it, the jap tennis player blaming the "pressure" on losing, just waiting for that yank bint in the weigh lifting that hates her own country.

Of course there's pressure when you are trying to be the best in the world, it comes with the job....and if you hate your country, it's anthem and its flag, why the hell do you want to represent it ? Couldn't be the money, sponsorship and fame, could it ?

Id like to see the Olympics being amateur, and going back to the basics; running, jumping and throwing.

Skate boarding ? FFS !

Cheers.

And wrestling, don't forget the wrestling.

Legalise steroids as well, I don't want it to be a competition of who's using the best masking agent.

I want to see superhuman heroics, sprinters faster than a saluki in the slop, long jumpers jumping the equivalent of a flea and women athletes resembling male competitors like Fatima Whitbread.

• Haha 4

Got to be honest i've enjoyed almost everything i've watched so far.

Swimming & boxing especially but just about everything else too.

That kid who got the mountainbiking gold was fantastic, jeez what a tough sport that is..!

Enjoyed both the skateboarding and the surfing too, as once i start to watch it, i get into it and enjoy the skill at that level.

My daughter was watching the womens dressage comp yesterday and rather than turn to a 'better' sport, we got stuck into that. Really enjoyed it too. The level of training it takes to compete like that is mindblowing. The German bird that won it was fantastic and it did help that she was very easy on the eye too. Only downside was that the coverage went off before her dismount after her celebration...?

Now the only sports i just can't gel with are the 'martial tarts' sports, judo and the like. Just giving each other a sly back hand slap like wet lettuce on a giant chest pad, does feck all for me...

1 hour ago, Greb147 said:

Legalise steroids as well, I don't want it to be a competition of who's using the best masking agent.

I want to see superhuman heroics, sprinters faster than a saluki in the slop, long jumpers jumping the equivalent of a flea and women athletes resembling male competitors like Fatima Whitbread.

If they did ...ireland could get gold in weightlifting...for an amateur Clarence is world level   

• Like 1
1 hour ago, chartpolski said:

Skate boarding ? FFS !

Cheers.

yank bird that hates her own country?? whos that mate....there was a hammer thrower last month that was being a twat at the olympic trials in the usa....

19 minutes ago, TOMO said:

yank bird that hates her own country?? whos that mate....there was a hammer thrower last month that was being a twat at the olympic trials in the usa....

That's her ! Yeah, hammer, not weight lifting. Said they deliberately flew the American flag and played the national anthem when she was on the podium, (she came third in the trials), just to upset her !!!

Shes a BLM supporter.

Cheers.

Edited by chartpolski
On 26/07/2021 at 08:05, pesky1972 said:

Don’t mind the track and field, and maybe a bit of gymnastics and swimming, but there’s some rubbish at the games.
They have skateboarding in it now ffs. I appreciate there’s a bit of skill in it but the whole competition seemed to be about who fell off the least. In the women’s event, gold and silver were won by 13 year olds! With the bronze going to a 16 year old ‘veteran’.

Pesky mate, I've broke bones in a half pipe (on fruit boots granted?) I was shoite ?... it takes more than skill on a skateboard or fruit boots to just survive the experience. It's no different to gymnastics on a moving platform, at speed.

Check out some of the red bull extreme skater videos. I've seen a skater mate just start swinging his board, by the wheel, against 5 lads because they interrupted his run (on purpose, I might add). Crazy Swedish b*****d told me to stand out the way ? Skaters go to the extreme for the extreme ability and that's what the Olympics is about imo ;)

Extreme snowboarding and skiing is represented ?‍♂️

Edited by mushroom
  • Like 1
22 minutes ago, mushroom said:

Pesky mate, I've broke bones in a half pipe (on fruit boots granted?) I was shoite ?... it takes more than skill on a skateboard or fruit boots to just survive the experience. It's no different to gymnastics on a moving platform, at speed.

Check out some of the red bull extreme skater videos. I've seen a skater mate just start swinging his board, by the wheel, against 5 lads because they interrupted his run (on purpose, I might add). Crazy Swedish b*****d told me to stand out the way ? Skaters go to the extreme for the extreme ability and that's what the Olympics is about imo ;)

Extreme snowboarding and skiing is represented ?‍♂️

Its not a sport though mate is it,dont get me wrong its not the only one theres too many " recreational activities " being turned into competitive sports for some reason....and they're just not competitive.

• Like 2