Scotland west coast trip.. tell me where to go!!

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Dropped down the coast for our second week.. about half hour south of Oban at Melfort.. nice little set of holiday let's right on the shore of the loch. Talking of fishing, the father in law had

Some way up that is mate!! We're moving south for our second week on Saturday. Staying on the shore of Loch Melfort. The father in law has brought a few rods along so we'll see what comes of it.

Just come back from a little trip doing what they call the North Coast 500 started in Inverness right up the A9 to Wick....across the other side to Durness,all down the West coast....Ullapool,Lochinve

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...
On 26/07/2021 at 10:39, TOMO said:

depends on how far you want to drive each day.....a nice drive from where you are the first week would be up through Torridon ...kinlockewe ...up the side of loch maree to Gairloch ....then at poolewe you could drive up lochewe to firemoore sands beach which is stunning and if you have kids they will love that beach as will you....if the tide is out there is a natural pool about 2 feet deep that quite large but great for the kids to play in ...also at poolewe if your in laws or yourself are in to gardening there is Inverewe gardens to have look round ...its national trust so if your a member its free...

theres a nice little eatery at Gairloch called the steading little bistro type place ...if its nice weather its nice sat outside ....or of course have a picnic at firemore sands

Made it upto Firemore beach today TOMO.. some place isn't it! Nice that it's that just that bit out of the way and therefore not too busy at all. We drove up by Kinlochewe to Gairloch. Had picnic on the beach there, then into Gairloch itself for a cuppa and some cake to was the picnic down.. lol.

Then from there did the 12 miles upto Firemore. Weather was kind to us even though they'd forcast showers.

Absolutely stunning place isn't it..

20210804_161233.jpg.58718daabb090d16875b801f03045679.jpg

20210804_155232_01.jpg.ceaaea8b1bcfef5392b9ef7038ac2ddb.jpg

Came back via the A897.. Kinlochewe to Torridon road.. absolutely amazing scenery along there.. looked proper dramatic with the clouds coming off the mountain tops!! Thanks again for the pointers...?

• Like 3

beautiful aint it.....had our summer holidays there for about 5 years when i was a kid in the late 70;s and early 80's ....there was a few static caravans back then only 5 or6 owned by the farm to the right of the beach.... back then it was single track road from inverness over .....and the a9 up through perth wasnt much better....took for ever to get there..lol

and i took the mrs and kids there about 4 year back ...wild camped on the dunes for a few days 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, TOMO said:

beautiful aint it.....had our summer holidays there for about 5 years when i was a kid in the late 70;s and early 80's ....there was a few static caravans back then only 5 or6 owned by the farm to the right of the beach.... back then it was single track road from inverness over .....and the a9 up through perth wasnt much better....took for ever to get there..lol

and i took the mrs and kids there about 4 year back ...wild camped on the dunes for a few days 

Fair play to you mate for getting the wild camping in with the family.. bet you had some proper quality time together there. And the memory building with the kids.. they'll probably bring their kids back to Firemore.. just like you did.. lol!!  

It's fairly busy on the roads up here to say the least righ now.. being the summer holls and that coupled with NC500 boom that's going on.. every type of vehicle you can image on the roads today.. cycles.. motorbikes with side cars.. campers, caravans.. kitted out old busses and everything in between!! Loads of wild camping too in some cracking spots. I keep working on the Mrs but she ain't having any of that just yet!! Lol..

Another beach pic!! ?

20210804_154715.jpg.91baefdb0b9c11c3b51c9deb742fc56e.jpg

And this one only an hour max later along the road to Torridon..

20210804_174503.jpg.cd3a6aa5f9b57c53ac29051976fafa4b.jpg

• Like 4
12 minutes ago, Bush Rummager said:

Fair play to you mate for getting the wild camping in with the family.. bet you had some proper quality time together there. And the memory building with the kids.. they'll probably bring their kids back to Firemore.. just like you did.. lol!!  

It's fairly busy on the roads up here to say the least righ now.. being the summer holls and that coupled with NC500 boom that's going on.. every type of vehicle you can image on the roads today.. cycles.. motorbikes with side cars.. campers, caravans.. kitted out old busses and everything in between!! Loads of wild camping too in some cracking spots. I keep working on the Mrs but she ain't having any of that just yet!! Lol..

Another beach pic!! ?

20210804_154715.jpg.91baefdb0b9c11c3b51c9deb742fc56e.jpg

And this one only an hour max later along the road to Torridon..

20210804_174503.jpg.cd3a6aa5f9b57c53ac29051976fafa4b.jpg

Tomoz too f***ing tight to pay for a campsite ?

Cheers, D.

• Haha 3
3 hours ago, DIDO.1 said:

I'm fishing Loch borralan at weekend. 

Loch-Borralan2-730x430.jpg

Some way up that is mate!!

We're moving south for our second week on Saturday. Staying on the shore of Loch Melfort. The father in law has brought a few rods along so we'll see what comes of it. It's a shame he can't make it down the steep banking here to get on Lochcarron.. lovely little secluded bay just opposite the cottage, he could have it all to himself.

I spent an hour down there late the other evening watching an Otter.. pure bliss! just wish I'd taken a couple of cans down with me!, lol..

20210803_213501.jpg.c387a988ebd600ae5f37d824e21d1db3.jpg

Beats being sat in the cottage watching embarrassing bodies or some other such shite!!

• Like 7
On 26/07/2021 at 17:41, nothernlite said:

Screenshot_20210726-173640_Facebook.jpg.4931cbc54c5f0f79a9d096e908686c76.jpglove this beach use to be quiet until the so called wild campers found place is fecked now full of shite they tents were today20210726_073021.jpg.2ea79808917857821308225d658b8ce4.jpg20210726_073345.jpg.c8b5a185cb84abe1326c6c41fa29c0da.jpg

The NC500 and now covid have destroyed the most beautiful part of Scotland for me. 

• Like 1