Stafford...

1 minute ago, W. Katchum said:

Lovely that, In decent nick aswell, nice one pal ?

Cheers fella. He's a nicely balanced, well mannered dog with just enough "bull and terrier" traits to slake my thirst without getting me into bother ...?

Yokel

• Like 1
3 hours ago, gnipper said:

Yokel is he off any particular breeding or did you just get a staff and put the time into conditioning him?

He's one of them "fat, useless" KC dogs you hear about....saw him at 12wks of age and you could see he was going to be a well put together animal so I brought him. To be honest, I haven't really put a great deal of work into him. Just hand walking and some nice long, off the lead rambles through the woods. He's just got a good natural shape to him....

Yokel

• Like 4
1 hour ago, Bosun11 said:

He's in fine shape for sure and it takes a good eye to spot good genetics, especially in a kc bred dog... Well played ?

Cheers fella, had a little bit of practice over the years....?

Yokel

• Like 2
12 hours ago, YOKEL said:

Cheers fella, had a little bit of practice over the years....?

Yokel

cracker him, whats  his height   16-17in ?  our  Staffs  we had back in the 60s were bit similar type , but suppose ours looked more like apbts of today, than the show type staffs, our were from 15 in -  19in  35-55 lb . the strains by w-ton and walsall  were more taller and bit heavier than other strains of staffs.!

• Like 1

Thats a nicely kept Stafford i was never really sold on the whole " Irish Stafford " thing i think theres Kc stuff out there probably just as good i looked into a few of those old Rapparee/Sparpit type lines seems theres still some decent stuff around.

• Like 1
13 hours ago, gnasher16 said:

Thats a nicely kept Stafford i was never really sold on the whole " Irish Stafford " thing i think theres Kc stuff out there probably just as good i looked into a few of those old Rapparee/Sparpit type lines seems theres still some decent stuff around.

The bottom side of this dog goes back to those you mention. As for them "Irish dogs" was around a few, every one came with many variations to the peds/pinch of salt so to speak....of the decent staffs I've personally seen express their "natural" talents, the better ones have been closer to the KC stock. But this fella is no more than a well mannered companion....? 

Yokel

Edited by YOKEL
10 hours ago, YOKEL said:

The bottom side of this dog goes back to those you mention. As for them "Irish dogs" was around a few, every one came with many variations to the peds/pinch of salt so to speak....of the decent staffs I've personally seen express their "natural" talents, the better ones have been closer to the KC stock. But this fella is no more than a well mannered companion....? 

Yokel

Thats all you want mate....anything more then you know as well as i do its " right tools for the job "...

Somethings just dawned on me i'll drop you a pm.

• Like 1