1 hour ago, Stockpot said:

Food for the soul right there. Fresh air, homegrown food, a bit of manual work/exercise and contentment, what more does a man need? 

A shit ton of money to repair all the things that break down or need buying lol!

To be fair I'm hoping that soon the money hemorrhaging phase will slow down a bit. I bought it as totally overgrown scrubland with no access, fencing or services.

I've got a road and water in now, part of it fenced, cleared enough to start a holding and starting to be able to produce things off it on a small scale. 

Next year im hoping to get a barn up and electric in which will be a game changer. Will be able to upscale what I'm doing now and, hopefully, be able to produce enough to have a bit of an income. It will never earn compared to working but i love it and would happily take the pay cut if I could be there full time

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
21 hours ago, Tyla said:

Its good in the summer, winter can be a slog

Thats us too! Everyone says oh this is gorgeous you are so lucky,  yeah come here the other six months. 

You are doing a grand job there. Ours was a wilderness,  it is now worth the money and graft, yours is coming along nicely. 

• Like 2
19 hours ago, mole trapper said:

Thats us too! Everyone says oh this is gorgeous you are so lucky,  yeah come here the other six months. 

You are doing a grand job there. Ours was a wilderness,  it is now worth the money and graft, yours is coming along nicely. 

Thank you very much. It is hard work but I'm loving it ...... mostly!

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...
15 hours ago, bell said:

Tunnel looking good mate, ive just picked this load of peaches out of mine today, tree is 20 year old now and produces loads. 

image.jpg

Look good them , mate has a peach tree but only produces every few years,  ps champion is my favourite ha 

• Like 1
  • 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

We do similar on our place, giving all sorts a try and learning as we going. Are you using the pigs and sheep to work the land for you or are they fattening up for the butcher? I have a history with all livestock but growing stuff I just can't find time to learn it. The missus sells fertilised hatching eggs off the chickens which makes a few quid more than eating eggs if you can find a customer base. People go daft for them now since all the covid stuff.

• Like 1