Anyone have any advice on introducing a (slightly) older dog, to an established pup?

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This is the boyo thats coming home. 

Going off their ages and genders I'd say the worst thing that will happen is your house getting trashed from them constantly playing and arsing around.

Until bitch comes on season then its fun and games ? ?

Posted Images

9 minutes ago, shaaark said:

That's what I got from your post.  ?

Seemed pretty obvious to me like.. maybe he expected me to start a post about how I'm about to breed the best line of lurchers off of a bitch that hasn't even hit the field properly yet ?‍♂️

• Like 1
1 minute ago, SheepChaser said:

To be fair it did read as “we’ve only got to get through one season before it’s ok for us to breed her”. Not that it matters it’s your dog and I’m sure it wouldn’t be the worst litter bred by folk on here ? 

Lol text really ain't the way to communicate is it? I just dont see that in what I've written but fair enough. 

I won't comment on your last bit lol... not been here nearly long enough!

• Like 3
17 minutes ago, SheepChaser said:

To be fair it did read as “we’ve only got to get through one season before it’s ok for us to breed her”. Not that it matters it’s your dog and I’m sure it wouldn’t be the worst litter bred by folk on here ? 

Not to me.  It read exactly as he put it, and I didn't think he intended breeding her after one season.  Just took it as he wrote it, and that was exactly correct as he put it, she'd be ok to breed, as in 'able to mate'.

And as he says, he's still got a bit to learn, unlike 90% of the experts on here.  ?

• Like 1
24 minutes ago, 3dumb said:

Lol text really ain't the way to communicate is it? I just dont see that in what I've written but fair enough. 

I won't comment on your last bit lol... not been here nearly long enough!

That’s it mate, things are always open to interpretation. 

As to the second bit I was just messing, but it is a bit funny as times, there are quite a few folk who bang on about the sacred rules of the dog man, and in reality they are often / sometimes the worst offenders.

• Like 4
1 minute ago, shaaark said:

Not to me.  It read exactly as he put it, and I didn't think he intended breeding her after one season.  Just took it as he wrote it, and that was exactly correct as he put it, she'd be ok to breed, as in 'able to mate'.

And as he says, he's still got a bit to learn, unlike 90% of the experts on here.  ?

Aye I get that’s what he meant, just shows how stuff can come across different to how you intended.

What he meant was “at least after this next season it won’t be a total disaster and dangerous for the bitch is she did get accidentally caught” as opposed to “I’ll be ok to breed her after her first season”. 

But who cares really ? 

1 hour ago, SheepChaser said:

Aye I get that’s what he meant, just shows how stuff can come across different to how you intended.

What he meant was “at least after this next season it won’t be a total disaster and dangerous for the bitch is she did get accidentally caught” as opposed to “I’ll be ok to breed her after her first season”. 

But who cares really ? 

Don't get me wrong, I really don't give a f**k.  But I know what he meant.

Funny how shit gets lost in translation lol. Words really aint my thing mind!

I'll do the tltr version;

As much as I dont want to mate her until she's a proven worker and at least 3, now that shes had her first season at least there's technically only 1 more to worry about causing her detriment if she were to get caught accidentally. 

I think that about answers all the questions lol. 

Like @shaaarksays, I know I've still a lot to learn, im first to admit that, but I can promise ya common sense prevails lol.

23 minutes ago, 3dumb said:

Funny how shit gets lost in translation lol. Words really aint my thing mind!

I'll do the tltr version;

As much as I dont want to mate her until she's a proven worker and at least 3, now that shes had her first season at least there's technically only 1 more to worry about causing her detriment if she were to get caught accidentally. 

I think that about answers all the questions lol. 

Like @shaaarksays, I know I've still a lot to learn, im first to admit that, but I can promise ya common sense prevails lol.

Chill mate, most of us got the drift first time. Great news they're getting on well. Best of luck and and we'll done for rehoming it ?

Cheers, D.

• Like 1
18 hours ago, 3dumb said:

Think you've got me twisted mate. Dont  remember sayin anything about her being "worth breeding", simply referring to age and amount of seasons she'll have had. 

Worst case I've only got one season to get through before any accidental pregnancy wouldnt f**k her up. That help?

No problems mate I just read it wrong how it was worded an put my 2pence worth it sorry ??

18 hours ago, mC HULL said:

You get something exceptional you know mate ?

I did do my usual long ass reply? to this explaining my views got nearly to the end an deleted it an though what’s the point in debating with this guy just say ok…so ok mate I’ll jog on ??

2 hours ago, poxon said:

No problems mate I just read it wrong how it was worded an put my 2pence worth it sorry ??

Aint any need for an apology bud.. like I say, text really aint the best way to communicate clearly. . . The amount of text arguments I had with the ex confirms this lol.

I like that folk here speak so frankly. Suits me to a tee tbh.

• Like 1