Just had a twister

Sorry I never had time to film it but was just sitting on the deck under my brolly when I saw a small tornado come across the water it lifted someone’s rotatory washing line up fully laden about ten feet before dropping it in the water went along the hedge flattening all the trees before it disappeared never seen one before had to cling on to my brolly till it past ?

• Like 4

32 minutes ago, Greyman said:

Sorry I never had time to film it but was just sitting on the deck under my brolly when I saw a small tornado come across the water it lifted someone’s rotatory washing line up fully laden about ten feet before dropping it in the water went along the hedge flattening all the trees before it disappeared never seen one before had to cling on to my brolly till it past ?

I think the drugs thread inspired you to much Greyman.....you been chasing the dragon? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Saw something similar yesterday. It was more of a vortex that was visible because it was full of dust and barley straw . It’s all this hot air creating them , I’ve seen a few , but not strong enough to lift or flatten anything significant . 

• Like 2
4 hours ago, W. Katchum said:

Na the dragons are all being chased over on covid thread? some trippy shite getting said over there ??

26 minutes ago, shovel leaner said:

Saw something similar yesterday. It was more of a vortex that was visible because it was full of dust and barley straw . It’s all this hot air creating them , I’ve seen a few , but not strong enough to lift or flatten anything significant . 

Yep, there's a couple of lads on the covid threads who's heads have GOT TO BE full of dust and barley straw!!

Not singling anyone one out like.  ?

4 hours ago, shovel leaner said:

Boom! You know those multi pronged 'Hay Flicker' things? Turn the cut hay over behind a tractor?

Well, I'm coming up a hedge, one time. My neighbour's on the other side, flicking hay. I know this, because it's all shooting up and spinning in the air. I can see it over the hedge.

But, when I speak to him later? I mention how I passed him, flicking the hay. And he says he hasn't been flicking hay :icon_eek: I explain what happened and he says, " Oh! You've seen a Dust Devil! "

Now, I must admit; I'm so deaf I simply never questioned the fact that I couldn't hear his tractor, just yards away. But, fukk me; If I'd looked over that hedge? I don't know What I'd have made of it! Never heard of such a thing, see?

35 minutes ago, Ken's Deputy said:

Boom! You know those multi pronged 'Hay Flicker' things? Turn the cut hay over behind a tractor?

Well, I'm coming up a hedge, one time. My neighbour's on the other side, flicking hay. I know this, because it's all shooting up and spinning in the air. I can see it over the hedge.

But, when I speak to him later? I mention how I passed him, flicking the hay. And he says he hasn't been flicking hay :icon_eek: I explain what happened and he says, " Oh! You've seen a Dust Devil! "

Now, I must admit; I'm so deaf I simply never questioned the fact that I couldn't hear his tractor, just yards away. But, fukk me; If I'd looked over that hedge? I don't know What I'd have made of it! Never heard of such a thing, see?

Yes , that’s what you call them , “ dust devils “.?

• Like 1
9 hours ago, Ken's Deputy said:

You just make sure you have your red shoes on Dorothy 

08fd8c86e59e2f32c7da32070e56e0b0.jpg

We get a few dust devils in the stone yard at work when the days are warm and dry.

They can be anything from just a few feet tall to around 30ft, they're not powerful, just enough to pick up a bit of dust - it looks good when there's a few at the same time. Not so good if you get caught without your safety glasses