Anyone going to the game fair ?

Went yesterday, free ticket again good day out .

Gunmakers row well represented, some bargains if u looked .Just the odd realtree plonker especially in the heat.

Met some friends from Wales and met that there you tube chef Scott Rhea.

Embarrassing watching him totally butcher a munty in 15 mins .Then My mates daughter asks why we take half a day ??

Hawk area impressive and plenty of clothing ,pikeys appeared mid afternoon and made themselves popular as nettles in your underwear ?

Good day out and some nice beers to try .

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Went yesterday, free ticket again good day out . Gunmakers row well represented, some bargains if u looked .Just the odd realtree plonker especially in the heat. Met some friends from Wales

Well I’ve been and come back . Had a good day , plenty to see . Lots of stalls , but to be honest, there are only so many coats and shirts and trousers and boots you can have . The good thing was , I

The game fair isn’t too far from me this year ,  Ragley  hall in Warwickshire . I’ve got a free ticket , so I’m off on Saturday , bad weather forecast so might be a quiet which will suit me . I’m just

Posted Images

Well I’ve been and come back . Had a good day , plenty to see . Lots of stalls , but to be honest, there are only so many coats and shirts and trousers and boots you can have . The good thing was , I was able to try all of the pulsar thermal and Yukon and infiray and many other thermal and digital scopes . What it has done has made me feel a lot better about the kit I’ve got . It didn’t make me want to rush out and buy the new model . What I’ve got is good enough for me for the moment. 

FBF6847E-3C7A-4E13-BD46-41C697031F51.jpeg

• Like 4

What do you think of that infiray thermal? I had a play with there mid range one and for about a grand it was decent, still not a patch on the new helion 2, longshanx has got one and without a doubt it’s the best thermal I’ve used

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Stavross said:

What do you think of that infiray thermal? I had a play with there mid range one and for about a grand it was decent, still not a patch on the new helion 2, longshanx has got one and without a doubt it’s the best thermal I’ve used

I tried to justify the outlay . I thought “how many more foxes is this going to put in the plastic bin I keep in the mule . My answer was not many . If I’m able to deal effectively with the foxes I’m seeing at ranges up to 200meters and once 235 meters , with my digisight , why spend all that money? Don’t get me wrong , if I had lots of money to throw around I’d get one tomorrow. I’ve been out with a pulsar Xp50 and was seriously impressed. Who knows I might be tempted, technology in this area seems to be moving fast . I probably will get one but I’m not in a hurry. I think a thermal spotter and digisight is still a good combination. 

• Like 3

Your happy why not I know a bloke local to me still spots n shoots using a cluelite .

It's rated to 600m and with a orange lens held against his scope dead is dead .

Why spend just because, unless you persuade your shoot captain to buy 1 ??just saying ?

• Like 1
26 minutes ago, Baldcoot said:

Your happy why not I know a bloke local to me still spots n shoots using a cluelite .

Why spend just because, unless you persuade your shoot captain to buy 1 ??just saying ?

I’m afraid getting money off the shoot is difficult. What I need is a rich foreign boss , who doesn’t mind splashing the cash . Everything here is on a budget, they do spend money on vehicles and just lately they have kitted out a game processing room , so who knows ?

• Like 1
50 minutes ago, Baldcoot said:

I still love going out with the rifle and a lamp, I’ll be up at the sheep farm this week, with the .243 and a torch on the lookout for a ginger ?

• Like 1
9 hours ago, Stavross said:

I still love going out with the rifle and a lamp, I’ll be up at the sheep farm this week, with the .243 and a torch on the lookout for a ginger ?

It's good that you can still do that, round here you would have no chance at all unless it's a clueless cub.

• Like 3
2 hours ago, ianm said:

It's good that you can still do that, round here you would have no chance at all unless it's a clueless cub.

The likes of the sheep farm and my mates couple of farms you can shoot them on the lamp no problem, up at the shoot is a different matter, but I think most of this is down to disturbance from walkers, the campsite, forestry workers etc, rather than the lamp

• Like 1

I'm still ok with lamp , not many foxes on my grounds. I wrestled with my conscience for years about nv and came to the conclusion that for the few extra foxes I would get it's not economic. Anyway my passion is calling them in and seeing the ruby eyes , that's what I love so suits me? Dont get me wrong horses for courses , like keepers who have a job to do but my foxing is recreational. 

• Like 3

Disappointing this year in size, contents and deals.

For anyone new to the show they may well think it is huge and offers a great variety, compared to most previous years it is MUCH smaller.

• Like 1

Went today. No traffic was in by 845.  Was a fair bit to look at but as said earlier if you took clothing and food out it would be very small. Remember going as a kid in the eighties and people selling ferrets and pups at campsite and showground. I know those days are gone and the internet has killed off a lot of the deals but still a nice walk round. 

Had a good look at new thermal and NV quite fancy a spotter with lrf but don't want to sell a kidney to upgrade. Also can't see any NV sight that compares to drone yet

• Like 3
13 hours ago, Deker said:

Disappointing this year in size, contents and deals.

For anyone new to the show they may well think it is huge and offers a great variety, compared to most previous years it is MUCH smaller.

I agree with all your points . I think the last time I went to the CLA it was at Highclere , and it was vast , you need three days to get around all of it . And no deals to be had , having said that I always used to rekon that you went to the Midland for deals , because it was the last big show and they wanted to shift their stock . 
         However it was just nice to back to normal, no masks and looking at guns ….. lots of guns . And best of all no Mrs in tow , because if she had been I’d of spent half the day in the craft tent or in the Joules tent , and that is never a good place .

• Haha 1