One of my favourite movie scenes

something that did surprise me in the one we went to was there was some graves of chineese soldiers and there dates of death were after the war had finished 1919 etc ....

they went there clearing mines and unexploded shells ....and paid the ultimate price ...something i never new about 

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just to let you know, you don't have to travel all over the world to see a war cemetery, we have our very own that i stumbled on driving to work.

WWW.ABMC.GOV

The Cambridge American Cemetery and Memorial site in England, 30.5 acres in total, was donated by the University of...

20 minutes ago, chartpolski said:

When I was ticking the Bridge on the river Kwai off my bucket list, I visited the allied war cemeteries in Thailand, they  were pristine, but as has been mentioned, the ages of those buried there was saddening.

Cheers.

Done the same Charts, and the pow museum near the bridge...

Very moving...

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Greb147 said:

Just to let you know, you don't have to travel all over the world to see a war cemetery, we have our very own that i stumbled on driving to work.

WWW.ABMC.GOV

The Cambridge American Cemetery and Memorial site in England, 30.5 acres in total, was donated by the University of...

There's a tiny little one near Mylor in Cornwall of 5 (I think) Croation guys who were killed over here in WW11.

Cheers, D.

• Like 1
5 hours ago, WILF said:

If they had made that film about Stiffmeisters military career it would have been 35 seconds long and involved a Buffoon with a Brennan Huff hairdo tripping up out of a plane door at Camp Bastion and then coming too at the end of the war ! 

Idiot .I don’t work on a camp , I just get kept in a glass box with “ caution , use only in emergencies “ written on it 

• Haha 3
6 hours ago, chartpolski said:

This one takes some beating ;

Makes you wonder how they managed to lose the war.......

Cheers.

I think they predominantly fought the insurgency with firepower rather than cunning and ruthlessness. Though they did have notorious success with the Phoenix programme.

Which reminds me of the true masters of counter insurgency and this scene…

Edited by Born Hunter
  • Thanks 1
15 minutes ago, SheepChaser said:

You know how sometimes truth is better than fiction ?…….have you watched the documentary “Undefeated” ?

Its genuinely one of the best things I have ever seen mate