Clear the brain...

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My favourite way to unwind...what a night for it!

Tomorrow's tea sorted as well..

The simple things mate, we spend to much time wasting on things that don’t really matter and not enough doing the simple things that do matter ??

Posted Images

Caught a couple of bass as it was getting dark, only small ones but enough to keep me out until it was dark.... funny on the water on your own in the dark...your brain works a bit harder! Lol

• Like 1

I was fishing off Trevone last night Kev. And there was a bloke about a mile offshore fishing on his kayak who was still out there when I left at midnight. 
Don’t think I would be brave enough for that. 

• Like 1

Out last night fished Beesands Kev what a warm beautiful evening mirror flat calm. Only one Smoothie and my mate had that lol, still a pleasure to be there. Still people on the beach at midnight huddled around little fires and bbq's. Had to smile at a couple just behind us in their chairs with pink gins in cocktail glasses silhouetted in the sunset.

Could imagine it being any where in the world when is like that down here.

Your right Kev truly was one of them evenings that are good for the soul.

IMG_3609.JPG.6d7cc05123c2bcb3f8efe1ace45dd04b.JPG

Cheers Arry

• Like 3
27 minutes ago, robbo said:

I was fishing off Trevone last night Kev. And there was a bloke about a mile offshore fishing on his kayak who was still out there when I left at midnight. 
Don’t think I would be brave enough for that. 

Fair play to him Bry, it certainly feels different once the light has gone!

How did you get on?

11 minutes ago, South hams hunter said:

Nice one, wish we had a few mackerel down here 

Was trying to catch some sand eels mate on sakibis....but will take a few mackerel for the pan

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, Arry said:

Out last night fished Beesands Kev what a warm beautiful evening mirror flat calm. Only one Smoothie and my mate had that lol, still a pleasure to be there. Still people on the beach at midnight huddled around little fires and bbq's. Had to smile at a couple just behind us in their chairs with pink gins in cocktail glasses silhouetted in the sunset.

Could imagine it being any where in the world when is like that down here.

Your right Kev truly was one of them evenings that are good for the soul.

IMG_3609.JPG.6d7cc05123c2bcb3f8efe1ace45dd04b.JPG

Cheers Arry

Lovely Arry!!

Ended up drifting the mouth of the Teign as it got dark, used one of those Berkeley sand eel imitations, had 3 bass in 30 mins or so and then went off as the tide turned... First time I've caught on them so I can now fish a bit more confidently if I can't get live eels!

Looks ace, been getting into the kayak fishing myself recently, no amazing catches as yet. Had a good day on the pollock a few weeks back had about 50 upto 6lbish but we were surrounded by giant whales (think they were sei whales but not sure) we prob pushed our luck a bit trying to get to/follow them ended up 2 miles offshore with a strong current trying to push us further out and down the coast! No bass yet but I've never struggled off the shore so should drop on some when I get settled in the yak. We bought the peddle ones as we thought they would be better as we have 0 experience of using paddles. They are heavy though so a bit limiting. 

I think it was your posts that inspired me to look into kayaks for fishing though so tha ks for the inspiration! 

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, JDHUNTING said:

Looks ace, been getting into the kayak fishing myself recently, no amazing catches as yet. Had a good day on the pollock a few weeks back had about 50 upto 6lbish but we were surrounded by giant whales (think they were sei whales but not sure) we prob pushed our luck a bit trying to get to/follow them ended up 2 miles offshore with a strong current trying to push us further out and down the coast! No bass yet but I've never struggled off the shore so should drop on some when I get settled in the yak. We bought the peddle ones as we thought they would be better as we have 0 experience of using paddles. They are heavy though so a bit limiting. 

I think it was your posts that inspired me to look into kayaks for fishing though so tha ks for the inspiration! 

Brilliant mate, yet to see a whale on the kayak, quite a few dolphins and porpoise, but no whales...thats a great experience!

I've looked at the peddle yaks, really useful for trolling as your hands are free.... 

If our posts over the years have got you into it that's great, it can be a bit of hard work but I've had some great times on mine, from Guernsey to Scotland I try and take it anywhere there might be fish!! Lol

20 minutes ago, NEWKID said:

Lovely Arry!!

Ended up drifting the mouth of the Teign as it got dark, used one of those Berkeley sand eel imitations, had 3 bass in 30 mins or so and then went off as the tide turned... First time I've caught on them so I can now fish a bit more confidently if I can't get live eels!

this is what alot of the lads down here are using

https://youtu.be/usy2di2aC9c

Just now, South hams hunter said:

this is what alot of the lads down here are using

https://youtu.be/usy2di2aC9c

Yeah that's my go to mate, they are brilliant... but I wanted something that was an exact as I could copy of a sand eel, I started on the Fiish black minnow but changed and had 3 on the bounce..

3 minutes ago, NEWKID said:

Yeah that's my go to mate, they are brilliant... but I wanted something that was an exact as I could copy of a sand eel, I started on the Fiish black minnow but changed and had 3 on the bounce..

have you seen the line through eel?

never heard a bad word said about black minnows.

any of any size mate?