Went to a new stretch of river I got in December,to have a look for signal Crayfish. Put 10 traps in baited with mackerel,checked this morning and had 27 including this big one, plus a couple more big ones, picture doesn’t do it justice. My foot is size 7.

CDF4BF53-E4B2-4CCD-9FA9-0F9E9B0B4A7A.png

639DD9AA-9209-4A9B-82DC-5720605E100E.jpeg

92041AEF-68E6-4F04-B6EC-9990FA6919EC.jpeg

• Like 3

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Went to a new stretch of river I got in December,to have a look for signal Crayfish. Put 10 traps in baited with mackerel,checked this morning and had 27 including this big one, plus a couple more big

I wouldn't call their reasoning a 'bag of shit'. They're desk jockeys, led by wader wearing scientists, all of whom are trying to keep shit by the book. What Is a bag of shit is that you will now

They won't do anything about otter numbers either. Lots of problems here with Pine Marten killing everything, but the powers that be, won't entertain any notion of controlling numbers. There was some

Posted Images

12 minutes ago, tatsblisters said:

I have heard a well known reservoir in Rotherham is full of these are they good eating they now seem to be in every river in the country now.

Yes mate very good eating. The problem is getting a license from EA they won’t issue any north of Birmingham due to small pockets of native crayfish.

9 minutes ago, MR TEA POT said:

Yes mate very good eating. The problem is getting a license from EA they won’t issue any north of Birmingham due to small pockets of native crayfish.

I have heard even the river don nr meadowhall shopping precinct is now full of them.

1 hour ago, EDDIE B said:

That's a monster!! We only have the little native ones here. Plague hit them about two years ogo, so don't know what numbers are like now, but where the plague hits, it wipes them out.

The river had natives in it, then the signals moved in, the natives didn’t last long after that.

6 minutes ago, MR TEA POT said:

The river had natives in it, then the signals moved in, the natives didn’t last long after that.

Think Ireland is the only Country in Europe, that has no invasive crayfish species. 

I think I read somewhere, that fish grow huge in rivers that have a large population of signals. They must like the taste of them too?

20 hours ago, EDDIE B said:

Think Ireland is the only Country in Europe, that has no invasive crayfish species. 

I think I read somewhere, that fish grow huge in rivers that have a large population of signals. They must like the taste of them too?

They was brought to the uk in the 70’s for the food trade, a few escaped and went mad ? 

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, W. Katchum said:

Fcuk don’t mention otters, they have ruined me local fishing stretch, but like the local badgers, you know you can’t touch em so best just appreciate them for what they are an they always brighten up a walk ?

I reckon that might change if they go ahead with the full introduction of beavers and the otters start killing all their young.