8 hours ago, MR TEA POT said:

I wouldn’t use if the entrance is wider then 95cm, you could catch a otter then the sh1t would hit the fan, same as trapping without a license. Four guys got caught in Derbyshire trapping without license. Big fines and vehicles and equipment seized.

Were those guys commercials or catching for their own consumption?

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Went to a new stretch of river I got in December,to have a look for signal Crayfish. Put 10 traps in baited with mackerel,checked this morning and had 27 including this big one, plus a couple more big

I wouldn't call their reasoning a 'bag of shit'. They're desk jockeys, led by wader wearing scientists, all of whom are trying to keep shit by the book. What Is a bag of shit is that you will now

They won't do anything about otter numbers either. Lots of problems here with Pine Marten killing everything, but the powers that be, won't entertain any notion of controlling numbers. There was some

Posted Images

i need to look out a tape measure, a good taxidermist, tell my mate were going in his car, tell the misses she cant have as much house keeping money as i may need it, and remember what site he got the cheap traps from,................... kidding i'm a law abiding citizen.

Edited by big sid
  • Haha 1
52 minutes ago, W. Katchum said:

What’s best bait to use??? For the folks with licenses that may be reading this ?

I'm no expert, but I once used some un-ripened salmon roe, that I got from a few fish I'd caught a few days before.  They went mad for it. Every net I used the roe in, was packed with crayfish. I've tried fish parts, lumps of meat etc, but never done as well. Thing is, where the hell can you readily get your hands on roe? 

On 25/07/2021 at 05:13, MR TEA POT said:

I wouldn’t use if the entrance is wider then 95cm, you could catch a otter then the sh1t would hit the fan, same as trapping without a license. Four guys got caught in Derbyshire trapping without license. Big fines and vehicles and equipment seized.

derbyshire is full of fxxxcking do gooders 

3 hours ago, MR TEA POT said:

I think they was catching to sell to the restaurant trade.

That figures. Amateurs wouldn't have their car taken off them. Supplying restaurants is stupid if you haven't got a licence. 

5 hours ago, W. Katchum said:

What’s best bait to use??? For the folks with licenses that may be reading this ?

No need for a licence where I live. Worms are good, and tinned tuna or liver strips have done well in the past. For conveniance and thrift I now use Frolics dog biscuits. They are the mutt's danglies.

Back in Barnsley they used to put a piece of liver in a bulldog clip and dangle it in the river from a rod. When they felt a bite they would lift the crayfish up to just under the surface then slip a landing net under it. The crayfish would hang on until it left the water, then let go and fall into the net. 

• Like 2

As for bait use something that's going to leave a good oil slick and kinda tough. Oily fish like frozen carp, is a preferred here. Also cattle range cubes are liked by some since they last so long. Just nothing  rotten. A can of cat food with a few small holes poked in it is good as well if that's all you got 

Another bit if advice. Add a bait cage that will keep your bait in the middle of the trap. If it's right best to the side they'll just sit on the out side trying to eat it though the mesh

• Like 1
On 25/07/2021 at 05:01, MR TEA POT said:

Yes mate that’s the one ?

I had a load of them. they were good for a while but if the traps are in for any length of time they can cut there way out. Mine are a cats cradle of zip ties and string now where I've fixed the holes. Probably time to shell out for some new ones

• 2 months later...
On 24/07/2021 at 23:57, Ken's Deputy said:

I wouldn't call their reasoning a 'bag of shit'. They're desk jockeys, led by wader wearing scientists, all of whom are trying to keep shit by the book.

What Is a bag of shit is that you will now probably pout, scowl and fukk off looking for another way to amuse yourself and maybe get a feed, or a few bob.

Our beloved brethren of the 'Multicultural' persuasion, of course, won't be filling out applications or asking shit from anyone.

They'll be camped out on the waterside. Laughing, catching, campfire cooking and feasting on What ever they can catch. Till it Is all gone. Then they'll go to the next spot.

Because, after all; Who's gonna dare risk confronting that ole " Race Card "?

The Real 'Bag of Shit' in the room is that you're a Brit, living in Britain. British laws only apply to you.

This is what they told me

"These rivers are monitored yearly and we have no records of any.

Given that there are no records of any in this location and also as this is not part of a scientific study, unfortunately we are unable to generate a permit"

Funny really as only last week there was pictures on facebook of them in this area 

On 24/07/2021 at 23:57, Ken's Deputy said:

They're desk jockeys, led by wader wearing scientists, all of whom are trying to keep shit by the book.

10 hours ago, Welsh_red said:

This is what they told me

"Given that there are no records of any in this location and also as this is not part of a scientific study ..."

Beautifully encapsulated really, isn't it? The very essence of bureaucracy. The Desk Jockeys sit at their desks ~ no surprise there! ~ listening Only to their wader brigade.

And, as the wader brigade haven't set foot on that place? The DJ's will blindly rubber stamp 'Non Existence' on it, from nine to five, five days a week. 

Saying that? I'd about as soon believe a government as I would fb. Neither are exactly my Go To's as sources of fact.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...