21 minutes ago, MR TEA POT said:

It’s big business in the USA by the look of it.

what part of Us do you live?

O you have no clue lol crawfish that size would bring a massive premium over here.

And I'm in south Mississippi

300px-Mississippi_in_United_States_svg.png.e6ea515920a7f5eab01a86fff772cb48.png

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Went to a new stretch of river I got in December,to have a look for signal Crayfish. Put 10 traps in baited with mackerel,checked this morning and had 27 including this big one, plus a couple more big

I wouldn't call their reasoning a 'bag of shit'. They're desk jockeys, led by wader wearing scientists, all of whom are trying to keep shit by the book. What Is a bag of shit is that you will now

They won't do anything about otter numbers either. Lots of problems here with Pine Marten killing everything, but the powers that be, won't entertain any notion of controlling numbers. There was some

Posted Images

6 hours ago, socks said:

But it’s survival of the fittest and as the otter numbers grow and spread and need more and more territory the smaller weaker mink will be killed and pushed out. As I said it would probably take around 10 years. 

But, Poland First! Sieg Heil!!! Sieg Heil!!! Sieg Heil!!! ?

To the lads who eat these is their a variation in the taste of those caught in a river system as to those caught in a still water i know with trout they always seem better tasting those caught in a chalk stream than those caught in a stock pond.

Definitely taste different. I trap them out of a chalk stream and a quick purge and they ate delicious but I’ve trapped them on a run off from the Thames and no matter how long or how aggressively with salt you purge them they still taste of the Thames ……

• Like 1

hi mr tea can you tell me what signs to look for when crayfish are in the stream, i have a little burn runs through my property it used to be a deep enough burn till they opencasted a large area near  me and the amount of water is greatly reduced.

3 hours ago, big sid said:

hi mr tea can you tell me what signs to look for when crayfish are in the stream, i have a little burn runs through my property it used to be a deep enough burn till they opencasted a large area near  me and the amount of water is greatly reduced.

When the waters low in small streams like we have here now, you can actually see the little holes in the sides of the banks where the crayfish hide. Also see the odd crayfish on the bottom. If you have mink or otter, you often find shells scattered around certain areas along the banks

• Like 1
On 21/07/2021 at 18:08, Daniel cain said:

Otters were introduced into my local river around 6/7yrs ago...not caught or seen a mink since....and all the chub over 2lb have disappeared ?...I look after a few miles for my fishing club on the River Wye...always saw mink for the last 25 yrs when you fished a session...around 3 yrs ago the otters tipped up...no mink ?fishing has declined dramatically I shit you not...  big specimen fish are like rocking horse shit to find/catch...most barbel,carp,pike are marked up with bits missing ?the only thing we have to combat them ...is their lack of road sense..I give out a little yip of joy, everytime I see a cnut sunbathing on the side of the road?

Cormorants are another pest that need controlling,everywhere these days...

Those trees on that bit of an island up from the allotments in Monmouth used to be black with them when I was there .

• Like 1
11 hours ago, EDDIE B said:

When the waters low in small streams like we have here now, you can actually see the little holes in the sides of the banks where the crayfish hide. Also see the odd crayfish on the bottom. If you have mink or otter, you often find shells scattered around certain areas along the banks

i bought some traps of the internet, will look at the burn in my place  if not a  local guy has told me a place to go a few miles from my home.  cheers