1 minute ago, jackthelad said:

My mates girlfriend had an English mastiff same kinda time never saw anything like it since big athletic thing jump fences no probs dunno if W.Katchum minds him pele he was called proper specimen off a dog 

They were another breed that used to be capable dogs over here and used a lot in pig dog lines. As you say, never see a healthy specimen now. Best hunting pigdog the mrs every owned was an English mastiff/English bull terrier. Could jump and run well and very intelligent. I doubt you could produce one like that nowadays.

• Like 1

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

ffs this getting ridiculous now  

I am becoming more drawn to boxer dogs these days. I was never interested in any dogs that were not working dogs, and to me that was always terriers, running dogs and having respect for hounds, gundog

Only ones I see normally got a k9 harness on puffing like Ivor the engine and dragging a milf wannabe along .

Just now, Aussie Whip said:

They were another breed that used to be capable dogs over here and used a lot in pig dog lines. As you say, never see a healthy specimen now. Best hunting pigdog the mrs every owned was an English mastiff/English bull terrier. Could jump and run well and very intelligent. I doubt you could produce one like that nowadays.

guy near where i live now keeps neo mastiffs and has a bitch english mastiff absolute states hanging like wet chamoius doubt they could run the length of themseves never mind catch a pig

• Like 1
3 hours ago, W. Katchum said:

Remember adeline I think her name was taking dog to ice cream van every time it pulled up an bought it an ice cream cone or a mars bar haha I’d have a dog like pele I’m a heart beat jus now?

That’s the dog mate you wouldn’t want  try take his cone of him eh..... that lassies dead mate she was a wee cracker when she was younger tae mind

13 hours ago, jackthelad said:

My mate had an albino boxer when I was a teenager mad unhinged man biter had to be kept locked away out the road had the red eyes like a big Hob  ferret scary looking dog athletic as but absolutely nuts I always wondered what it would have been like over a greyhound or whippet..... thinking back there was some impressive looking specimens of most breeds back then compared to now the boxer looks as if it’s faired a bit better than most eh

i agree rottweilers use to be massive (not fat) they are tiny now and over weight with a tail lol

On 20/07/2021 at 19:15, eastcoast said:

Originally from the stock / varying types that gave us the APBT, according to the books. The show fancy took a like to the old bulldog appearance of some those old fighting dogs (assuming more common in Boston) and that was the end of them, as a working dog. I used to see 2 being walked here a few years ago and they were nice dogs, relatively athletic and healthy looking animals. A totally different thing to the original of course. 

as much as i have been annoying everyone on the site I really appreciate the answer thank you mate 

On 20/07/2021 at 13:43, Aussie Whip said:

I have an old book with one attack trained and supposedly they used to fight them. They could be alright on rats unless one got into a narrow space, like a corner, lol. I think they might make an alright watchdog in the house.

i like the wee bulldog/terrier hybrid look of them, like a bulldog that wont just keel over if you ask it to do a run 

• Like 1
11 hours ago, Aussie Whip said:

They do look pretty tidy and athletic compared to similar breeds.

I had a quick google there and apparently they do suffer from the same problems as pugs bulldogs etc which is a shame, f****d up that hunting is banned for cruelty but breeding creatures unable to breathe or breed isnt 

• Like 2
23 hours ago, Scheme_Lakeland said:

as much as i have been annoying everyone on the site I really appreciate the answer thank you mate 

Your threads generate some interesting discussion. Is that not the point of silly internet forums? And everyone annoys everyone else anyway, apart from myself of course. Welcome to THL.

• Like 2
8 minutes ago, eastcoast said:

Your threads generate some interesting discussion. Is that not the point of silly internet forums? And everyone annoys everyone else anyway, apart from myself of course. Welcome to THL.

Silly EC…. ? ?

I reckon you’re right mate ?

ATB T

Edited by TonyT
No specs and beer