powerhouse x

• Replies 344
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Spent a couple of years on a cattle station in central Queensland in me early 20s . Just went over backpacking originally, but after drinking all me cash in the first month ended up with a job on this

It's not about money it's about power

I don't think that's true, a dog that has caught plenty of pigs will have the scars to show for its efforts ,even if its just a bailer. One out a big boar can make short work of a dog in fact I lost(k

Posted Images

On 20/07/2021 at 22:40, chartpolski said:

My memory may be wrong, but I'm sure it was Scotsman who had Zeus at the Bedlington show, I had a good chat with him, there and the Hawick show.

Im sure he wouldn't mind me putting up a couple of pics of Zeus I took at the time;

IMG_0202.JPG.a72eff2bafe251092f6cfbf48ef1954f.JPG

IMG_0203.JPG.07c8d2d4cbad64e125edff64556a6e2f.JPG

Cheers.

He wouldn't mind  Zeus could run even seen him beat racy lurchers straight line  on the lure at shows kind of embarrassing for some of lurcher lads 

This post is not in anyway pointed at anyone ,its just a general comment, but  I'm sorry if I've upset anyone and taken the subject off topic . I like to see others give comment after some expedients ,not out of a book or seen it on TV, the wise never give opinions on something they know little about & there are plenty of wise persons on this site ,I tip my hat towards you fellas .

Edited by toolebox
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
8 hours ago, keepdiggin said:

More like @Greb147 will arrange to meet up for a fight and go to the wrong place he has a history of it doesn’t he ???

It wouldn't be much of a fight soy boy, I'd knock you as far back as your bullies breeders rent book..... ?

• Haha 1
On 06/08/2021 at 23:17, toolebox said:

Might I ask how pigs you have killed or ran dogs with ? I'm just going to comment on one major mistake  I see wrong with your post ,that is dog usually gets killed before they know they are  headed for the happy hunting ground ,now its not fact that a dog gets killed with the first or second blow or even the 9th ,the time line they get killed at can be anytime ,from the start of the attack to the end ,bad luck can play a part in all this . You have given a example of the great Dane ,you would need to search for a very long time to find a Great Dane or even a Dane x because kiwi hunters don't rate them so don't run them but the Aussie hunters do & rate them highly ,I would think that has to do with better working stock ,the same can be also said about Scottish Deer hounds  .At best I view your statement pig dogs would jack at the under ground work, is at best simply a guess nothing more  ,the pig dogs I'm writing about are real hard dogs ,some hunters don't run them preferring to run bailers and shoot the pig but here's the very interesting part is these real hard dogs can have a good % of terrier in their blood lines so we are talking about the same type of dog just within a bigger package .so I do have to agree that we are in different ways both right and the common  ground we find our selves is the terriers in one form or another . One of the most common pig dog crosses found  in New Zealand is a bull /cattle /Greyhound ,these dogs look much like your Bull Greyhounds and in fact this also is a breed used in Nz to hunt pigs  .

So how often does a dog get killed when it's got a chest plate on, what percentages are we dealing with here? Cos let's face it, they are designed to stop a hog going through a bleeder and killing the dog in short order.

And yes I've given an example of Danes being used, go check up on that Cali Catcher fella, he even uses pures as catch dogs, are you claiming that they will be deep game dogs?

AB's are excellent catch dogs but they couldn't hold a candle to an APBT for gameness.

And again before you get on your high horse I said dogs that excel at the game need to have a lot of drive and grit, most dog breeds wouldn't entertain the idea of getting stuck in to a pig.

Like I said, it's all relative.

I'll stand by my opinion that a working terrier of the right mould requires more heart than a pig dog.

Again though, we are arguing over definitions and splitting hairs.

On 08/08/2021 at 17:27, Greb147 said:

So how often does a dog get killed when it's got a chest plate on, what percentages are we dealing with here? Cos let's face it, they are designed to stop a hog going through a bleeder and killing the dog in short order.

And yes I've given an example of Danes being used, go check up on that Cali Catcher fella, he even uses pures as catch dogs, are you claiming that they will be deep game dogs?

AB's are excellent catch dogs but they couldn't hold a candle to an APBT for gameness.

And again before you get on your high horse I said dogs that excel at the game need to have a lot of drive and grit, most dog breeds wouldn't entertain the idea of getting stuck in to a pig.

Like I said, it's all relative.

I'll stand by my opinion that a working terrier of the right mould requires more heart than a pig dog.

Again though, we are arguing over definitions and splitting hairs.

yes ,the working dog world has its fair share of passionate hunters who's views are very strongly linked to what they have  seen & done .

Edited by toolebox
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1
On 20/07/2021 at 22:40, chartpolski said:

My memory may be wrong, but I'm sure it was Scotsman who had Zeus at the Bedlington show, I had a good chat with him, there and the Hawick show.

Im sure he wouldn't mind me putting up a couple of pics of Zeus I took at the time;

IMG_0202.JPG.a72eff2bafe251092f6cfbf48ef1954f.JPG

IMG_0203.JPG.07c8d2d4cbad64e125edff64556a6e2f.JPG

Cheers.

Screenshot_20210810-171054_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20210810-170912_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20210810-171404_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20210810-171750_Gallery.jpg

• Like 1