powerhouse x

11 minutes ago, chartpolski said:

There was a lad on here, I can't remember his user name, but LDR and myself had a couple of run outs on his permission with him.

A top class lad, and I seem to remember he was running a catahoulla x on the Northumberland fells, be interesting to see how it turned out.

Cheers.

It would be interesting to know if the catahoula hound (?) had more to offer than a fell hound? 

Possibly more intelligent? More tractible. Less of a pack hound?

Edited by eastcoast

• Replies 344
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Spent a couple of years on a cattle station in central Queensland in me early 20s . Just went over backpacking originally, but after drinking all me cash in the first month ended up with a job on this

It's not about money it's about power

I don't think that's true, a dog that has caught plenty of pigs will have the scars to show for its efforts ,even if its just a bailer. One out a big boar can make short work of a dog in fact I lost(k

Posted Images

1 minute ago, eastcoast said:

It would be interesting to know if the catahoula hound (?) had more to offer than a fell hound? 

No idea mate, only seen one fell hound cross, almost fifty years ago.

A mate of mine got it as an adult dog. Had it out many times on a long lead, it would find hares no problem......first time he slipped it , it disappeared into the distance , howling like a hound and was never seen again !

Cheers.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
9 minutes ago, Bosun11 said:

Be nice to see sommat like that. I love the look of them catahoulla's, though i don't tell anyone about it... ?

Met a lad with a Beauceron last year, of which their blood is supposed to be in them cat's. Lovely thing it was too, look even better if it'd came out of greyhound... ?

Here you go mate;

IMG_0169.JPG.9c792affb63892b982667082649fae9d.JPG

Cheers.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, chartpolski said:

Dogs & Natives !!!!

That was the name of the guy with the catahoulla cross !

See.......Alzheimer's hasn't taken over completely.........yet !

Cheers.

? I remember him and used to speak to him but i don't remember that cross... 

Ahh... Rickshaws on, gotta say love your posts on them Cat dogs, because no one else on here has any expierience (i think) bar you.

And, as much as i love the look of em, what they would bring to the table for lurcher production is very questionable...

2 hours ago, eastcoast said:

I take it you don't rate them? Genuine question, I have never seen 1 let alone seen 1 hunt.

I was just being a smart ass.I do rate Catahoulas.My great grandfather  fed his family with possums from these dogs.

Screenshot_20210803-170121_Photos.jpg.ee08499f9b163ec5b7a47f1df200bc81.jpg

I think the first time i made a breeding  it was Catahoula. 

20210803_164133.jpg.3cce47f75a3bb1a547db741f7e19faa7.jpg

There is good catahoulas but I would recommend  getting them from a hunter.You dont want a Catahoula  from a peddler or from someone who competes in hog Bay competition. It needs to be from a hunter.Catahoulas are generally  one person dogs.They generally  bite strangers or run from them.

No offense to anyone but I wouldn't waste my time adding it to lurchers.

A good gritty foxhound bred to a working staff will give you as good or better curdogs than you will get from American peddlers just my opinion. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
1 minute ago, W. Katchum said:

Is eating possum common?

No the older generation  that came through the depression  survived on possum.They would  catch the possum and put him in a cage and feed him corn for a few days to clean the possums system out as they mostly eat dead things.Then they roast the possum with sweet potatoes. I'm glad I didn't have to eat it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
23 hours ago, Greb147 said:

There's plenty of shite pits about as well though mate, amstaff, petbull, whatever they are they are giant shite bags. ?

8k to look like a chavy gangster, keepdiggin must get a semi on over them.  

Chavs have Akita’s round can’t afford xl bullys