powerhouse x

2 minutes ago, SheepChaser said:

It was indeed. I wouldn’t mind a go on some of your Ferals. Need myself an invite ? 

They are getting out of hand here atm, the more hunters the better. I used to hunt the pine plantations in the mountains of NSW but if you want number go to the gulf country, they reckon there are ten million odd up there.

• Replies 344
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Spent a couple of years on a cattle station in central Queensland in me early 20s . Just went over backpacking originally, but after drinking all me cash in the first month ended up with a job on this

It's not about money it's about power

I don't think that's true, a dog that has caught plenty of pigs will have the scars to show for its efforts ,even if its just a bailer. One out a big boar can make short work of a dog in fact I lost(k

Posted Images

1 minute ago, Aussie Whip said:

They are getting out of hand here atm, the more hunters the better. I used to hunt the pine plantations in the mountains of NSW but if you want number go to the gulf country, they reckon there are ten million odd up there.

How feasible would it be to come over and hook up with some decent folk and have a good rattle around ? 

Just now, Aussie Whip said:

They mainly use big type kelpies on the semi wild cattle here but I've never seen one grab the nose like a good cattle dog.

Lads I know here out there mustering feral cattle for a good while. One bloke was chopper pilot and carried a couple of pits with him ? 

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, SheepChaser said:

How feasible would it be to come over and hook up with some decent folk and have a good rattle around ? 

If you can find a pig hunter who isn't a criminal, lol. No there are some decent  blokes into the pigs.

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, W. Katchum said:

I know couple lads who went to oz for cattle work an come back with pointer x pits an they got added to a few dogs local after it

That takes me back, I remember a neighbor with what he called pointer bulldogs 50 years ago when only a few people caught pigs with dogs here.

17 minutes ago, SheepChaser said:

Can see the visa application now. 

what reason do you want to come to oz?

to nail your wild pigs. 

come right in sir 

• Haha 1
37 minutes ago, SheepChaser said:

I've been to Australia, and NZ, quite a few times, family and friends in both.

One time I just put a post up on Ozziedoggers forum asking if any one would mind taking an old Pom out hunting when I was down there.

I got loads of offers and spent three month on my next trip taking up as many of those offers as I could.

I did some stuff with the running dog lads, the Terrier men, even got an invite for a days hunting and a BBQ with the Barwon Fox Pack.

Without exception, they were all great people, who showed as much interest in how we hunt as I did in their hunting.

As long as your not a liability or a bullshitter they make you most welcome ?

Cheers.

• Like 2
5 minutes ago, chartpolski said:

I've been to Australia, and NZ, quite a few times, family and friends in both.

One time I just put a post up on Ozziedoggers forum asking if any one would mind taking an old Pom out hunting when I was down there.

I got loads of offers and spent three month on my next trip taking up as many of those offers as I could.

I did some stuff with the running dog lads, the Terrier men, even got an invite for a days hunting and a BBQ with the Barwon Fox Pack.

Without exception, they were all great people, who showed as much interest in how we hunt as I did in their hunting.

As long as your not a liability or a bullshitter they make you most welcome ?

Cheers.

No to the second but have deffo been the first on occasion ? 

• Haha 1
48 minutes ago, SheepChaser said:

No to the second but have deffo been the first on occasion ? 

When I have a run out with some one for the first time, I tell them; "if I'm doing something I shouldn't be doing, tell me ! If I'm not doing something I should be doing, tell me ! "

Its only common curtesy when on an invite.

Cheers.

• Like 4
5 hours ago, tatsblisters said:

Wonder how many lads who crab him have actually met him or been in his company i have never met him though his name as been around for years same as my old mate D.Sleight  as far as these type of dog's go i would not have one it would be too stressful for my mental well?being 

Yer right mate he been around dogs for many yrs  and yep he’s got his haters and guessing they never see Brighorn the pure saluki run and he bred sniper. and went and done a script in a mag saying when sniper was 9 month old it would be a machine he got slagged to bits lol then it went on to win English single handed and a foley cup lol his and they still slagged him lol his  little old 18 1/2 in whippet sonny was a  great fen runner I run against him , them dogs in the vid not my cuppa tea but at a guess I rekon prob best bull blood in them  out ther few yr back  , if the crabbers gonna judge the dogs  then do that but  they don’t know much  about breeding an dogs but one thing  we all know no one likes him me included lol ? 

Edited by green lurchers
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
2 hours ago, Greb147 said:

So you're saying pigs feel the pain when a dog gets a ear hold?

And of course it helps prevent the pig from getting a hold on the dog but my point remains.

A subdued pig isn't giving the dog proper stick, hence why you don't need a deep game dog.

Love the fact that, as someone in England who has never caught a pig, you feel like you can tell a bloke in oz, who has, how its done.

There's confidence for you ?

• Haha 3
5 minutes ago, green lurchers said:

Yer right mate he been around dogs for many yrs  and yep he’s got his haters and guessing they never see Brighorn the pure saluki run and he bred sniper. and went and done a script in a mag saying when sniper was 9 month old it would be a machine he got slagged to bits lol then it went on to win English single handed and a foley cup lol his and they still slagged him lol his  little old 18 1/2 in whippet sonny was a  great fen runner I run against him , them dogs in the vid not my cuppa tea but at a guess I rekon prob best bull blood in them  out ther few yr back  , if the crabbers gonna judge the dogs  then do that but  they don’t know much  about breeding an dogs but one thing  we all know no one likes him me included lol ? 

It’s not a goody two shoe completion lol