powerhouse x

• Replies 344
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Spent a couple of years on a cattle station in central Queensland in me early 20s . Just went over backpacking originally, but after drinking all me cash in the first month ended up with a job on this

It's not about money it's about power

I don't think that's true, a dog that has caught plenty of pigs will have the scars to show for its efforts ,even if its just a bailer. One out a big boar can make short work of a dog in fact I lost(k

Posted Images

Wonder how many lads who crab him have actually met him or been in his company i have never met him though his name as been around for years same as my old mate D.Sleight  as far as these type of dog's go i would not have one it would be too stressful for my mental well?being 

• Like 3
7 hours ago, Aussie Whip said:

They look like an alright type for pigs. We had a English bull/Eng Mastiff/Dane that was surprisingly fast in a sprint, a top pig dog and caught a deer once(only because he was told too) but he was from a line of hunters. I think if you want to create or recreate a breed of this type you need to work all gens and be ruthless in the culling to put a breed stamp on them or they are just a designer dog like a chug. Saying they can catch all game is laughable, my whippets are more allrounders, lol.

I live close to the second largest population of pigs in the uk and there's not really enough to warrant keeping a dog just for pigs.Especially when they can be caught with mediocre lurchers.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, downsouth said:

I live close to the second largest population of pigs in the uk and there's not really enough to warrant keeping a dog just for pigs.Especially when they can be caught with mediocre lurchers.

What, like bedlington/whippets? 

2 hours ago, downsouth said:

Like having coonhounds for hunting over here, lol. Sounds like the bull X's would be more versatile over there and able to handle the odd pig.

4 minutes ago, Aussie Whip said:

Like having coonhounds for hunting over here, lol. Sounds like the bull X's would be more versatile over there and able to handle the odd pig.

Exactly.Ive even known them taken by a bull cross that wouldnt take a fox single handed.

• Like 1

From my little experience of them, most boar are fairly easy to find and stop if dog knows half what’s is about. But then there are the real animals which are fewer and far between, which may well be because they avoid being seen (they run in batchelor groups and push the younger males ahead of them to find trouble), but when you bump into one of those ones, they can give a decent dog a fair tuning. Not a lot of point smacking the big big boys anyway cos they taste of crap and are hard to carry. The poor animals get a bad do, with the wannabe hard men going up abs throwing multiple dogs on one just to prove how tough they are. They deserve a bit of respect like any other quarry. 

• Like 8
9 minutes ago, SheepChaser said:

From my little experience of them, most boar are fairly easy to find and stop if dog knows half what’s is about. But then there are the real animals which are fewer and far between, which may well be because they avoid being seen (they run in batchelor groups and push the younger males ahead of them to find trouble), but when you bump into one of those ones, they can give a decent dog a fair tuning. Not a lot of point smacking the big big boys anyway cos they taste of crap and are hard to carry. The poor animals get a bad do, with the wannabe hard men going up abs throwing multiple dogs on one just to prove how tough they are. They deserve a bit of respect like any other quarry. 

??