powerhouse x

• Replies 344
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Spent a couple of years on a cattle station in central Queensland in me early 20s . Just went over backpacking originally, but after drinking all me cash in the first month ended up with a job on this

It's not about money it's about power

I don't think that's true, a dog that has caught plenty of pigs will have the scars to show for its efforts ,even if its just a bailer. One out a big boar can make short work of a dog in fact I lost(k

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, forest of dean redneck said:

Yeah not been there but remember they had lot of alaunts up there 

A "neighbour " of mine shifted up there many years ago. I say neighbour rather than friend as he didn't like me but tolerated me. 

4 minutes ago, eastcoast said:

Had some great permission down the road (or so it seemed at the time when time and distance was no object) Camptown but they pronounced it Kempton ?

Could hunt anything I wanted apart from foxes, Jed hunt. Great days, but I really wanted the foxes 

14 minutes ago, W. Katchum said:

Are you sure? I met bud when he come down to mine an he brought his bitch lucy, I got old pics somewhere if her sat on me sofa with wife haha my missus fell in love with her, didn’t think he owned Zeus tho? But there again I didn’t pay too attention to them as they was being peddled badly at the time an I had no need for an aluant, my missus still talks about them tho an I think she would swap this Scotty terrier we got in house for a big bitch like that Lucy in a minute ? 

Aye W bud owned zues although I think it might have been kept at a mates house, I had a dog out of Lucy back in the day myself , he had a cracking wee black terrier type too that was supposed to be a good worker not sure what dogs he has now though

My memory may be wrong, but I'm sure it was Scotsman who had Zeus at the Bedlington show, I had a good chat with him, there and the Hawick show.

Im sure he wouldn't mind me putting up a couple of pics of Zeus I took at the time;

IMG_0202.JPG.a72eff2bafe251092f6cfbf48ef1954f.JPG

IMG_0203.JPG.07c8d2d4cbad64e125edff64556a6e2f.JPG

Cheers.

• Like 3
8 hours ago, chartpolski said:

My memory may be wrong, but I'm sure it was Scotsman who had Zeus at the Bedlington show, I had a good chat with him, there and the Hawick show.

Im sure he wouldn't mind me putting up a couple of pics of Zeus I took at the time;

IMG_0202.JPG.a72eff2bafe251092f6cfbf48ef1954f.JPG

IMG_0203.JPG.07c8d2d4cbad64e125edff64556a6e2f.JPG

Cheers.

They just look like big pit/pet bulls and i doubt have little running in them. I just don't get nor like em.

Put the right pure APBT to a greyhound (or coursing dog) and you've got a lurcher. Put that Alaunt to a running dog and you've got a lurcher BUT lets face it, whatever 'bull' blood is in that, it ain't no game bred APBT is it...

If i was wanting sommat better with that frame, i'd look at a Dogo or a rangy Pressa...

That thing, to me, is no running dog..!

6 minutes ago, Astanley said:

Darren said he doesn't give a fuk what you think ,and he called you and ketchup a pair of twats.

He's just gone up in my estimation, he's right, we just may be... ??

18 minutes ago, Bosun11 said:

They just look like big pit bulls and i doubt have little running in them. I just don't get nor like em.

Put the right pure APBT to a greyhound (or coursing dog) and you've got a lurcher. Put that to a running dog and you've got a lurcher BUT lets face it, whatever 'bull' blood is in that, it ain't no game bred APBT is it...

If i was wanting sommat better with that frame, i'd look at a Dogo or a rangy Pressa...

That thing, to me, is no running dog..!

I agree a bull terrier lean body fit they look like running dog in the body ? 

• Like 2

They look like an alright type for pigs. We had a English bull/Eng Mastiff/Dane that was surprisingly fast in a sprint, a top pig dog and caught a deer once(only because he was told too) but he was from a line of hunters. I think if you want to create or recreate a breed of this type you need to work all gens and be ruthless in the culling to put a breed stamp on them or they are just a designer dog like a chug. Saying they can catch all game is laughable, my whippets are more allrounders, lol.

Edited by Aussie Whip
  • Like 1