powerhouse x

15 minutes ago, Mr Wilkes said:

For the life of me I can’t understand why you would want to walk 3 of them at once, 300lb of muscle to get off anything would take some doing.

Them fen rabbits take some holding 

• Haha 1

• Replies 344
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Spent a couple of years on a cattle station in central Queensland in me early 20s . Just went over backpacking originally, but after drinking all me cash in the first month ended up with a job on this

It's not about money it's about power

I don't think that's true, a dog that has caught plenty of pigs will have the scars to show for its efforts ,even if its just a bailer. One out a big boar can make short work of a dog in fact I lost(k

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Greb147 said:

Tbf they could catch gear if thrown out of a motor and that's about it, I've seen AB crosses do it so they would.

As for teeth and in particular foxes, they would tow wouldn't they. ?

Yeah but I dont count throwing dogs out of motors.To me it proves nothing.I like to see a dog run and catch stuff fair and square.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
3 hours ago, jigsaw said:

Story out of late ,his wife was feeding the Alaunts,she fell over,hit the deck a dog/dogs attacked her and did serious damage???he was laid up unwell.....hope it's not true....

Not nice if that has happened but f**k knows why any one would want to breed or entertain dogs that are a liability all it takes is for a liability dog to kill someone or a kid. 

• Like 3

Wasn't it Plummer who tried to recreate the Alaunt years ago ?

There were lads around the Scottish Borders bred a few, I remember Scotsman who was a member on here had a nice dog called Zeus, I remember seeing it at a show in Bedlington.

Cheers.

• Like 4
1 minute ago, downsouth said:

Yeah but I dont count throwing dogs out of motors.To me it proves nothing.I like to see a dog run and catch stuff fair and square.

That's the way it goes sometimes given the circumstances, as long as the dogs catch the quarry fairly and not after it's been run ragged first then fair do's.

1 hour ago, C.green said:

do they tho ? As i known a few people that have put that qestion to him and hes said come and try one gifted them away ?

Maybe so but i just can't see what they could do than a well bred bull cross couldn't... Maybe be more available...?

1 minute ago, Bosun11 said:

Maybe so but i just can't see what they could do than a well bred bull cross couldn't... Maybe be more available...?

100% i dont know them or the feller just know a few people have said same n hes welcomed them to try one for nowt

39 minutes ago, chartpolski said:

There were lads around the Scottish Borders bred a few, I remember Scotsman who was a member on here had a nice dog called Zeus, I remember seeing it at a show in Bedlington.

Cheers.

Thats where the whole lot started mate. That Plummer has a lot to answer for.. ?‍♂️

I remember meeting a very posh Plummerphile about 25 years back at Lowther that had a pair there. Big heavy tubs of lard. I played the game and he just kept on spouting about their prowess in the field, from rabbits to red and everything inbetween. They both looked like they couldn't catch a rabbit in a phone box. He was giving it the big one about him and DBP's breeding programme and i knew it was time to leave...

4 hours ago, jigsaw said:

Story out of late ,his wife was feeding the Alaunts,she fell over,hit the deck a dog/dogs attacked her and did serious damage???he was laid up unwell.....hope it's not true....

f***ing hell ?

Dogs normally think your having a right laugh when you fall over ?

3 hours ago, Mr Wilkes said:

For the life of me I can’t understand why you would want to walk 3 of them at once, 300lb of muscle to get off anything would take some doing.

Be f**k all left of anything edible ?

• Like 2
3 hours ago, chartpolski said:

Cheers.

Wasn’t Hawick a hotspot for them?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
4 hours ago, chartpolski said:

Cheers.

Was there anything that scruffy old c**t wasn't going to recreate?

• Haha 4
4 hours ago, chartpolski said:

Cheers.

It was not Scotsman that had Zeus mate it was bud9 that used to also come on here, the lad from the borders bred some cracking dogs from Zeus, and worked them plenty. It certainly wasn't about the money with bud9

39 minutes ago, forest of dean redneck said:

Wasn’t Hawick a hotspot for them?

Hawick, Scottish borders? A blast from the past. Used to have some good rabbit permission there or abouts. No chance with foxes, every other man in the town seemed to have a kennel of terriers. 

Edited by eastcoast
Spelling