If you want longevity then you will have to change to tubes looped 1842, 1745 or 3050 or single orange or green dub dub will be ok for 10mm lead I have had tube sets that have lasted well over 1000 shots if properly tied.

If you are sticking with flat bands then try the ones from Catty Shack but they will only last about 200 shots but are good. 
Its the taper that kills the longevity with flat bands. Flats for speed ,tubes for longevity ?

• Like 1

Good shooting Mr Wilkes ?. Good to see you shooting ttf. not many seem to favour it, I am used to it and hitting stuff so won't change. what's the 8.7 steel like compared to 9.5 mm? 

Edited by fred90

I seem to have found the right combo Fred.. 8.7mm steel and 1842 tubes. I can shoot 9.5mm steel with the tubes but they are not as fast or accurate imo. I’m hitting most i shoot at with ttf so won’t change for a while… 4 jays in the last week + a couple of squirrels ain’t bad.

• Like 2

Me personally I don't use any higher than 0.65 in any brand of elastic unless its snipersling yellow then I use 0.70 all tapered 18-23 using 8.7mm and 9.5mm steels and I hunt really well with this set up ??? and I never max out and I get months out of my bandsets then change them .and give the set I've took off to my wee mate n he gets a good while out them ???? u don't  there's no need for heavy set ups and ammo like . Accuracy kills ????

?all shot in season on permission at 10m to 25m ????

photo_2020-09-22_05-49-42.png

photo_2020-09-22_05-48-29.png

photo_2020-09-22_05-47-32.png

photo_2020-09-22_05-45-19.png

• Like 1