A walk down memory lane.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I had a lovely walk up along the river bank this morning, around 6.30 am this morning,    and I was thinking about my first post I typed on Mother &son, I apologised, to the fellow who originally

Goodonya Brother,...you are not alone....?  A Hunting Man, is always a Hunting Man,..until he is resting forever, deep beneath the cold turf.... Be lucky now and stay safe,...all the best, O

Glad you're still in the game, I missed last season as I had the the old bitch, Delta, put down at 15, and my other bitch, Lima, has put in some great shifts, but at 12 is enjoying a well deserved ret

10 hours ago, chartpolski said:

Glad you're still in the game, I missed last season as I had the the old bitch, Delta, put down at 15, and my other bitch, Lima, has put in some great shifts, but at 12 is enjoying a well deserved retirement.

I thought long and hard about getting another dog at 69, but decided if I didn't do it now, I'd probably end up regretting it, so brought in another pup !

They keep us young, if sometimes tired ! ? ! But, like you, I wouldn't be without a dog around, to have a walk out with and a bit of sport !

Cheers.

I WISH YOU ATB CHARTS, WITH YOUR NEW PUP, ITS SO REFRESHING THAT MEN LIKE YOU ARE PASSIONATE ABOUT THE DEERHOUNDX GREYHOUND, AS A TRADITIONAL WORKING DOG,AND LIKE ME YOU HAVE A REACHED AN AGE WHEN  LOTS OF LURCHERMEN HAVE THROWN THE TOWEL IN, IWAS IN TOUCH WITH THE LAD, WHO BRED YOUR PUP WITH HONEST INTENTIONS OF SECURING A DOG PUP, BUT ALAS IT HASNT WORKED OUT FOR ME THIS TIME, AS THE TRAVELLING,BOAT FARES, AND OVERNIGHT STAY WOULD HAVE BEENQUITE COSTLY,ALSO TRIED VARIOUSCONTACTS TO GET PUP TO FERRY  FOR ME, BUT SADLY TO NO AVAIL, THE LADS I SPOKE TO ABOUT THE PUP WERE GENUINE BLOKES, AND POSSIBLY THEY CAN HELP ME AT A LATER DATE SECURE A DECENTLY BRED PUP,HOPE YOU HAVE MANY MORE YEARS DOING WHAT YOU LOVE AND KEEPING YOUR SELF YOUNG.

• Like 2

Great Post that, sorry about your bad health. We talked before when we kept bullmastffs, and still very positive bloke. When left the bull mastiffs, and other bull breeds, and went into lurchers, pet /worker, I've never looked back, my dogs all filled me freezer, and like you once you had these  type dogs, they getyou out and about, walking great way of keeping fit, and running from farmers /keepers lol, I to old now, but will always have lurcher type knocking about me, as they say you only pace this way one, kepp posting mate. Ray?

• Like 1
On 19/07/2021 at 16:42, border lad said:

I had a lovely walk up along the river bank this morning, around 6.30 am this morning,    and I was thinking about my first post I typed on Mother &son, I apologised, to the fellow who originally posted, for going off topic, it was my first post on here for at least two and half years, and there was a sarcastic remark made by a guy who goes by the name of BIG RON, I would bet he is a member who has a couple of subscriptions, and I have my suspicions who it came from,        One bitch dog came to mind, Her name was Tinker a red fawn only 23" this was back in the day late 60s early 70s  greyhound x collie whippet, I bought her of an old travelling man she was about 18 month old some thing around there yes she could do her job all daytime  and a great watch dog as well,  Another dog 3/4 grey 1/4 Scottish deerhound, he had pace to burn, lift his quarry without breaking his stride, Rabbit and Hare, this is when it was all legal about the same time as Tinker,   I won the Christmas, stakes with him lads from Carlisle and a couple of travelling lads,  we ran on the Scottish coursing grounds the man who I was in the final with is still around Carlisle his name is Tony H--------, he was a fighting man as well, so if there is lads from Carlisle they will know of him,  the  3rd dog well he  was  Turbo Sam, 26" Black dog, do the full card the only dog I saw and witnessed, he took 7 out on that famous ground, were the Scottish national was held all legal  around, 1975 and those three dogs should never have left my home, proper dogs,   today I have a young dog he will be 3 in September,he is Salukiwhippet xgreyhound, I bred him from my bitch Saluki whippet greyhound, Pepsi is his grandsire, and the greyhound in his dams side was Westmeadehawk Irish Derby winner, those three previous dogs were never at the Vets or bone man   

the Saluki, x has been to the bone setter out in West Cumbria, a Knowledgeable man , now  I do not have the energy for the game, I can walk a couple o fields and that is were I am  I had a bad do of Cancer from 2009 started from my left Kidney they removed that one then I went 5years then Lung and lymph gland, and to this day I am on top of that,   I walked with my dogs and I stopped ridding horses, but the dogs kept me going, but my belief, in the good Lord  he helped me through, I refused chemo, about 4years back and I have aqua puncture  a proper Chinese, lady for the past 5 years,    (((( please I am not looking for sympathy or sorrow)))   you play the hand you are dealt with, and it never gets me down, I have and still am enjoying life,             Life is what you make it,  enjoy it and smile and thank the Lord you are able to do it,                   Thank you all    

miss these kinds of posts, great read pal

• Like 2