Italian Greyhounds (and crosses)

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

They are a Toy breed. Useless for any hunting. Biggest health problem with them is breaking their legs jumping off the sofa. If you want a "mini greyhound" get a Whippet ? Cheers.

An Australian Borzoi, Im sure the owner won't mind me posting the pic, in fact, I think he may be a member on here; A UK Borzoi I judged at a show some years ago; Cheers.

Believe it or not, I will be more than likely jumped on , but this Italian stops plenty rabbits, it had plenty  of drive ,it’s crazy when it gets a scent but the same as last time this topic arose ,th

Posted Images

Believe it or not, I will be more than likely jumped on , but this Italian stops plenty rabbits, it had plenty  of drive ,it’s crazy when it gets a scent but the same as last time this topic arose ,the conversation for me is over, I only put the pictures on cos some one asked what a bedlington x Italian looked like, I know what the dog is capable of and no he wasn’t bought as a working dog, he belongs to my wife but wanted to come out with the other dogs with me, he followed the cocker spaniel as it was bushing and soon picked up following him that something would be flushed.I have run dogs since the early 70s and no I wouldn’t think of buying one to work but this one is nearly 8 year old and has been with me since a pup,as much as he tries he can’t carry a full size rabbit very far.

5A2414C3-7F9C-4BBF-BB91-68A8F95E26EC.jpeg

• Like 5
24 minutes ago, samurai said:

Believe it or not, I will be more than likely jumped on , but this Italian stops plenty rabbits, it had plenty  of drive ,it’s crazy when it gets a scent but the same as last time this topic arose ,the conversation for me is over, I only put the pictures on cos some one asked what a bedlington x Italian looked like, I know what the dog is capable of and no he wasn’t bought as a working dog, he belongs to my wife but wanted to come out with the other dogs with me, he followed the cocker spaniel as it was bushing and soon picked up following him that something would be flushed.I have run dogs since the early 70s and no I wouldn’t think of buying one to work but this one is nearly 8 year old and has been with me since a pup,as much as he tries he can’t carry a full size rabbit very far.

Fair play look if it's works for you mate brilliant ? there is some exceptions in all life's and forms even Dogs 

• Like 2
50 minutes ago, W. Katchum said:

Iv said it here a few times before, iv saw beddy whippets an even full whippets struggle like fcuk to hold a rabbit down never mind pick one up an retrieve it whilst alive ? an it’s a lot more than he odd one iv saw struggle 

Hilarious they reckon lol 

CD0DF9A6-E266-41C6-9820-C43944812D43.jpeg

• Haha 2
1 hour ago, samurai said:

just  shows even though it's a lapdog the hunting instinct isn't far below the surface...

of course not one would purposely buy one for hunting...but it's nice to see given the chance they will have a go no matter what there limits are..

remember andys pom...tell you what I bet that dog of samurai wife has a better life for it...and probably longer if it avoids injury..

• Like 2